Couple of basic questions

Arrow

I've been trying out win2k on my second machine [win2k + slipstreamed sp4 on a P3 1ghz with 512mbram ] and as I'm not familiar with it have been looking under the bonnet a little and wondered if Synchronization Manager - mobsync.exe needed to be loaded at startup.

Next question concerns dvd burning. If I look in process explorer whilst burning I notice that "Interrupts" - "Hardware interrupts" is using a very high amount of cpu, is that normal? it happens regardless of which burner I use or whether it is data or a film. I've had xp on this pc in the past and it didn't suffer from cpu being overly hogged whilst burning.

Other than that 2k functions very well and I'm happy with it

Xp is a good work horse but after all this time I still plain don't like using it.

Thanks

Edited by Arrow

If I look in process explorer whilst burning I notice that "Interrupts" - "Hardware interrupts" is using a very high amount of cpu

Check in devicemanager if DMA is enabled for the burner. You can find it in the properties of the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

No I don't browse offline.

Guess I can remove it from startup then.

Primary IDE was set to dma

Secondary IDE was set to pio which I have now reset to dma. guess that is the burner channel

I've not time to try any burning just now, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Thankyou

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the answer. I myself was having problem with Burning and Music being played in the background. The music started to hang with burning. And i checked and found that Secondary IDE was set to PIO mode. I have immediately changed it to DMA mode.