GreenMachine's Complete SVCPACK.INF

@Yzöwl: I suspect that the SVC-IEU (IE Updates) files that did not install are due to not including the IE7 iexplore.ex_ in your I386 installation directory. WIthout this, the IE Updates will think that IE6 is installed, and not install. That is one of the "smoke and mirror" tricks I needed to use.
Yes, you're correct, I noticed it in your opening post but I wasn't willing to do that for the sake of a couple of updates.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to report a dead link in your original post: The link to kb824994 describing the /B switch.

While you're at it, I happened to notice a typo also, 3 lines above the dead link, I believe it was supposed to say "This has been tested."

I have a question too. What does it do when you include both the /q and the /u switches? How is it different than only the /u switch?

another question: Why the quotes around each line?

I would also like to say: Wow! I didn't know that Hotfixes and updates do NOT need to be named in the 8.3 standard, as it states in The Guide. Good thing I used a batch renaming program to make mine conform to the 8.3 standard. I would have been plssed I wasted so much time!

Edited by cart0181

I would like to report a dead link in your original post: The link to kb824994 describing the /B switch.

While you're at it, I happened to notice a typo also, 3 lines above the dead link, I believe it was supposed to say "This has been tested."

Link and spelling error fixed in original post!

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice SVVPACK.INF. The problem is as you stated, the size. It seams that groups like ETH0 compress the hotfixes, to .ca_.

Example:

post-128099-1203198301_thumb.png

How can this be achived. It also seems that ETH0 only use SVCPACK.INF method. So this list of your is really nice.. Will test it for norwegian...

• 4 weeks later...

Thank You GreenMachine. Great Post :-)

I'm bussy making the svcpack.inf for a dutch xp installation and i'm almost done.

It only seems that installing wmp11 dutch with the syntax you provide kills the windowsxp installation. After installing windows xp and booting for the first time the server service and workstation service are not started (among others). Where did you find the syntax information for installing wmp11? What is the meaning of all those parameters?

Furthermore Dotnet 1.1, Dotnet 2.0, Dotnet 3.0 and Dotnnet 3.5 are all installed only it can't get the proper syntax for the languagepack for net11 and net20. Any ideas? Also the Webclient Service seems to be broken ;-(

Last but not least it can't find the wga hotfix WindowsXP-KB892130-NLD-X86.exe. Did you compress/make it yourself from the local SoftwareDistribution Source?

Edit:

Found the correct syntax for the DoOtNet languagepacks

"langpack11.exe /Q /C:""inst /q"""

"langpack20.exe /Q /C:""install /q"""

Thanx Again GreenMachine :thumbup

Edited by DribbelZ

• 5 weeks later...

Hullo :hello:

First off, great work on figuring all this out.

I knew there had to be a way to install all HFs/Updates without nLite etc. So thanks :thumbup

Couple of questions though.

Can this be used on a normal installation, ie. not unattended?

Secondly, when I tried this on a VMWare last night I got a prompt to set the location to extract some temp installer files, my guess it was for one of the later updates in the list, any ideas how to get rid of this? Apologies I cannot be more specific as to which HF it was.

Also, could this be used in conjuction with a manual integration of HFs that can be integrated without 3rd party apps? As I assume that would drop the size of the resulting ISO if you manually integrate as much as possible.

Ok so that was more than a couple of questions :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Craig

@giarc:

Yes, this works on an attended install, as well as an unattended.

You have the wrong switches, or the wrong update file for the hotfix that is prompting you for an extraction path. You could try a quiet installation, as opposed to an unattended installation, and then you should have more luck finding the culprit. To do so, change all the /Q /U /O /N /Z to /U /O /N /Z, and the /Q:A /R:N to /Q:U /R:N.

Integration using the /integrate switch will result in a larger installation source, as the updates are still run as shown above, but unpacked files will then replace packed files in the i386 directory of the installation source.

The hotfixes are already compressed as distributed. Using makecab will not result in significant savings, just as compressing an .mp3 file does not reduce the files size very much.

Edited by GreenMachine

Hi Greenmachine,

Is it possible to get the latest xpcreate version. I posted severall times in the xpcreate section but no reaction. I also sent you a PM but never received a response.

I am using the previous one with a lot of success. Thanks in advance,

Bitfrotter

Regarding the folder I was asked to extract some data to - it was C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv does that help identify which update it is?

Here is my svcpack.inf file...

"dotNET11.EXE /Q:A /C:""INSTALL /Q"""
"dotNET11_KB928366.exe /QN"
"REG DELETE HKLM\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW /F"
"REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /V SystemSetupInProgress /T REG_DWORD /D 0 /F "
"dotNET20.EXE /Q:A /C:""INSTALL /Q"""
"dotNET20_SP1.EXE /Q /NORESTART"
"MSXML6_KB933579.EXE /Q"
"WMP11.EXE /Q:A /R:N /c:""SETUP_WM.EXE /Q /R:N /NoPID /DisallowSystemRestore /P:#e"""
"WMP11_KB929399v2_SDK.EXE /Q /U /O /N /Z /ER"
"WMP11_KB936782.EXE /Q /U /O /N /Z /ER"
"WMP11_KB939683.EXE /Q /U /O /N /Z /ER"
"WMP11_KB941569.EXE /Q /U /O /N /Z /ER"
"KB933729.EXE /Q /U /O /N /Z /ER /B:SP2QFE"
"dotNET30.EXE /Q /NORESTART"
"dotNET30_KB932471.EXE /Q /NORESTART"
"dotNET30_SP1.EXE /Q /NORESTART"
"dotNET35.EXE /Q /NORESTART"
"QChain.EXE"

Thanks in advance.

Craig