[GUIDE] Slipstream or integration of Office SP1 Update into Office 07

neo

Slipstream or integration of Office SP1 Update into Microsoft Office 2007 System

Recently Microsoft has been released Office 2007 SP1 update. It includes important customer-requested stability and performance improvements, while incorporating further enhancements to user security. This service pack also includes all of the updates released for the 2007 Office suite prior to December of 2007.

4.jpg

Now, Today I am sharing a simple tutorial or guide that help to slipstream this update into Office 2007 RTM. It saves update installation time after installing Office 2007 RTM...and you can make your up-to-date Office 2007 disc! Microsoft has been change the way to deploy Office 2007 updates…now it becomes so easier than earlier Office suites... its simple three step deployment.

# Extract the MSP file of update

# Copy into updates folder at root of Office 2007 disc

# Make your Office 2007 up-to-date disc….ENJOY!

Requires:

Office 2007 RTM

This guide works on all Microsoft Office 2007 versions which are:

Microsoft® Office Enterprise 2007

Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007

Microsoft® Office Professional 2007

Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007

Microsoft® Office Small Business 2007

Microsoft® Office Standard 2007

Microsoft® Office Ultimate 2007

Office 2007 SP1 update from Microsoft’s website: [[Download Office 2007 SP1]]

How to:

1. Create three folders Office2007, OfficeSP1 and Offfice2007MSP (Lets say all folders are created at root of D:\ drive)
  2. Copy all contents of Office 2007 RTM, Downloaded Office SP1 update into Office2007 and Office2007SP1 respectively. (Your folder name may vary…I am just taking an example only.)
  3. Now open Command Prompt and execute below command to get Office 2007 SP update MSP (Windows Installer Patch)
    D:\Office2007SP1\office2007sp1-kb936982-fullfile-en-us.exe /extract:D\Office2007SP1MSP

4. Accept the license and continue.
  5. Now Copy all *.msp files from Office2007SP1MSP to updates folder located under D:\Office2007\updates
  6. Make CD or DVD of your Office suite and enjoy!

All update *.msp files are installed at the end installation of Office 2007.

!!! OK !!!

Source: Full story @ MeraWindows

Edited by neo

i thought you posted how to slipstream the SP1. i have installed with the updates folder amny times and is helpful but with SP1 or a few updates the install time increases.
Yeah same here.

No true integration (replacement of source files with newer ones) for Office 2007 SP1 or Vista SP1. They're certainly going backwards.

like ive done with games before and i think offices

cant you just install it and then apply patches

so now you have a fully uptodate office folder or set of folders and updated registry files etc.

then just copy the folders office filled up, make registry copies or backups whatever they are called then then compress all of it and it should fit on a cd, it should auto update everything unpon extraction and then apply registry files to input ur serial and settings or something?

wouldnt that work, i havent seen anyone mention it yet, instead you guys are just trying to make a dvd type thing with the exception of one guy saying he sfx'd his.

any input? im a total newb thats just my way of thinking

any way to integrate your serial number into the installation so you dont have to enter it?

in the directory with name based on your version (for ex. if is ultimate you can find: "Ultimater.WW") there is a file config.xml with commented value:

<!-- <PIDKEY Value="BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789B" /> -->

uncomment:

<PIDKEY Value="BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789B" />

and put your serial in ""

• 1 month later...

what if I want to slipstream other Office 2007 SP1 into the original Office 2007 RTM ...like :

Microsoft® Office Language Pack 2007 SP1

Microsoft® Office Project 2007 SP1

Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007 SP1

Microsoft® Office Visio® 2007 SP1

I already tried to extract each of the package...but each package contains several files that have same name.

So if I copied to the updates folder those file will overwrite each other...

Any solution to slipstream all of the SP1 package into the update folder ?

Can I create sub folder in the update folder that each subfolder contains each extracted SP1 package?

Thanks...