Restore missing Input Languages in Windows XP

Hi there,

I recently made an unattended DVD for a friend but he wanted Turkish as the input language and i had somehow taken that out. Rather than redo the DVD, i investigated a fix for this problem and came up with this:

1) Use the INF file attached

2) You will need a copy of Windows XP on disc -- any version should be fine.

Instructions:

1) Choose the file you wish -- either re-install all missing BASIC languages, or install ALL missing languages (use this to install East-Asian languages)

http://soporific.dsleague.com/files/Add-al...uages-to-XP.zip

http://soporific.dsleague.com/files/Add-all-Languages.zip

2) extract the zip file contents onto the target machine that needs languages restored. Inside ZIP file is only one file, a INF file, right-click it and choose to INSTALL

3) files will start to copy over, then stop and ask you for a Source CD. You can use ANY Windows XP disc -- simply use the Winborg DVD, or something else, and point to a i386 folder. On the Winborg DVD, the best i386 folder to use (there are 3) is the one at this location:

D:\z-OS\Standard\I386\

assuming your DVD drive is the letter D:

4) after its all finished, reboot, and you should be able to use all East-Asian Languages (actually all languages get re-installed).

hope this helps you all out!

Soporific.

Edited by soporific

• 11 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry bout this but the 2 files that i posted have been lost in a server crash, and i didn't have a copy --- stupid me. but all you have to do is get a copy of a file named "INTL.INF" and use that to force a re-install of which ever language group u want. It will take a bit of google research but i'm sure you'll get it ;)