Project: Driverforge

wixfigura

Update! DriverForge v.1.0d

Look at the first post for the update!

-- Next to be implemented

----- Fully automated DriverPacks installation

-- Thanks to AutoIT forums, MSFN.org forums, Vernalex, MadBoy, Wixfigura, 7zip utility, Bashrat Sneaky and his crew and the DriverPacks forums.

Edited by kickarse

I am a bit lost on here? :) So who's program is it? :) Maybe you guys need to have 2 diffrent threads ?:)

Same program, we're both working on it. Just he has to be away so I have to get it updated.

Just so it's clear, you can use any uncompressed drivers, not just DriverPacks uncompressed. For instance if you've downloaded drivers from Realtek or VIA and put them in the Uncompressed location you can install your own drivers without making a 3rd party driver pack.

Edited by kickarse

It does not yet have the ability to add anything other than ONE 3rd party compressed driver file. I hope to be able to add the ability in the future.

However, I have taken over development of this program. I opened a sourceforge.net account for versioning and downloads. I just added support for an unattended installation but I need to get SF.net up and running and I'll load it up there and share the link.

Edited by kickarse

works perfect on xp , i havent test it on vista yet anyone did??

only one problem i cant install sound drivers from realtek on any motherboard, i use bashrat driverpack packs and i tried to use some of my own sound drivers .. but i still cant install sound drivers anyone has same problem?

Edited by herc2k

works perfect on xp , i havent test it on vista yet anyone did??

only one problem i cant install sound drivers from realtek on any motherboard, i use bashrat driverpack packs and i tried to use some of my own sound drivers .. but i still cant install sound drivers anyone has same problem?

If they are the Realtek HD Audio ones you need the KB888111 installed previously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very smart. Actually I'm looking for some software like this for a long time. I work in a computer shop, need install a lot drivers every day, this software really helps. I have some suggestion:

1. if use uncompressed driver, it can not choose which device you want to scan, like if I unzip all the driver pack to different folder, like sound, video, lan, I would like there is a option to scan the uncompressed driver by folder. for example, I want to scan sound card, I only check the sound folder.

2. It seems like this software will scan all the device, including the one already have the correct driver. if there is a option which only scan the unknown device, that would be perfect.

thanks!

Very smart. Actually I'm looking for some software like this for a long time. I work in a computer shop, need install a lot drivers every day, this software really helps. I have some suggestion:

1. if use uncompressed driver, it can not choose which device you want to scan, like if I unzip all the driver pack to different folder, like sound, video, lan, I would like there is a option to scan the uncompressed driver by folder. for example, I want to scan sound card, I only check the sound folder.

2. It seems like this software will scan all the device, including the one already have the correct driver. if there is a option which only scan the unknown device, that would be perfect.

thanks!

It seems you have mislooked the topics that are in sticky. One of which is the continuation of driverforge by kickarse ;) You can also check the software written by me which does things slightly diffrent.