Not exactly nlite - maxthon and oobe.

madbull

No this isn't about "nlite" (phew-lol).

It's funny there's (so it seems) no way to activate without iecore. I say i haven't gave up. But for he time being i have another idea.

Does anyone know how to associate everything with firefox/etc instead of ie. So when i type into the address bar instead of opening up in ie it would open up in firefox/etc.

I also thought that maybe its possible to run oobe with .html files etc associated with maxthon.

Thanks

I don't have IE or IE Core in my install and I can activate Windows XP SP2 Home just fine.

Wow.

Dear footballking3420,

iam seriously impressed. My next question then is how, i mean (no offence) there isn't anyone (i have come accross) has been able to achive this. There must be a way that you are doing this that is maybe like a workaround.

I assume you are using the activation wizard still (oobe) just without iecore. I am unable to see how as iecore is needed for oobe because of the html etc.

Cheers,

PS.I would be extremelly gratefull if you could explain/find out how you are still able to do this.

madbull, btw have you tried keeping just IECore, that would allow OOBE to use HTML classes. You don't have to have IE shell to be able to use MS HTML engine. Like Maxthon does.

I always kept full IE because I test the website in it.

madbull, btw have you tried keeping just IECore, that would allow OOBE to use HTML classes. You don't have to have IE shell to be able to use MS HTML engine. Like Maxthon does.

Dear nuhi,

Yes i have tried just keeping iecore and yes it has to be said i can then of course use the html classes which in turn enables me to use oobe-activation wizard.

But i like you am trying to create a program (yours however is currently out stripping mine - alougth mine is very much long term (2-3 years)).

So what i was trying to acomplish is a "fix" for xphome users - which would allow them to remove iecore and still be able to activate. I have worked tirelessly an have yet to find a way.

I have tried:

Intergrating certain files (wpa,etc) to the disk.

Editing setup files -txtsetup,layout etc.

Even just stripping it (oobe + iecore) striaght off the disk. - after 30 days i think it would just ask for activation etc.

Now i am thinking maybe i could just reassociate the html files etc and run oobe's html using maxthon.

So i would really benifit from finding a "fix" so i can move on. Thanks nuhi <---- my inspiration.

PS.Nuhi i sent you an email a few days back (please don't worry about the problems i wrote about in the attachment i have figured them out). Also i have made a file with all file names etc and beside them a reference as to what they are for. I would be most gratefull if i would be able to view some of your notes for the creation of my prog.

Oh and if i acomplish a "fix" i will let you know.

Edited by madbull

if you have firefox, you can get the plugin called IETab, then you can remove IE but keep IECore..

mitsukai,

Tanks for your reply but you have misunderstood me. I am making an application similar to nlite and i need/want to see if its possible to activate XP Home without iecore.

Cheers,

i was replying to nuhi next time read quote.

Darn,

sincere apologies.

I did read qoute (as always) i just made a mistake thats all.

Cheers,

PS.Even though you were replying to nuhi, you have given me an idea.