Creating a Network boot floppy image on WDS

vickerps

Hi

I have sucessfully setup a WDS server that houses many images. I have also created a winpe image that is on the WDS menu. I can successfully load into the winpe image and then send whatever image i want down to the pc without a problem. However the problem i have is not all PCs have the necessary memory to load the Winpe image.

For machine that have less than 128mb of memory i need an alternative. However I still want to use PXE. Is there a way to create a network boot disk and add it to WDS server as an option in the menu?

Thanks for the reply but i don't think i made myself clear.

I still need the option to support a PXE method. I have a custom Winpe image that work great on machines with 256mb of mem in but i now need a method for machines with less than 256mb. I have another program (Shareware) called Tftp32.exe that works great in the fact it allow you to send down via PXE a network boot disk image to the client PC. The thing i don't how to do is have both WDS and the shareware both up and running at the same time.

That why i was wondering wether it is possible to store a network boot image through WDS.

Hope this make sense.

Thanks for the reply but i don't think i made myself clear.

I still need the option to support a PXE method. I have a custom Winpe image that work great on machines with 256mb of mem in but i now need a method for machines with less than 256mb. I have another program (Shareware) called Tftp32.exe that works great in the fact it allow you to send down via PXE a network boot disk image to the client PC. The thing i don't how to do is have both WDS and the shareware both up and running at the same time.

That why i was wondering wether it is possible to store a network boot image through WDS.

Hope this make sense.

the WDS pxe booting files need to be run from a windows PE style environment, the machine that are under 128 megs should probably be upgraded.