KB905474 - Download

Tomcat76

I don't know. This thread was started because the standalone installer was offering the binaries from February 2007 while Windows Update wanted the ones from April 2007. But MS have now finally updated the standalone installer and this one is working fine (tested with English and Dutch sources), so it's your choice I guess.

The only thing I find strange is that the English non-standalone installer didn't work on a Dutch source. The binaries in the updated standalone installer are English, so how come these work on a Dutch source while those in the non-standalone don't?

I tested today latest HFSLIP including all updates except KB905474 on a Dutch Windows XP SP2 cd. I do get the notice. However I cannot find dutch version of the standalone hotfix. I have extracted the path to the hotfix from the windowsupdate.log:

http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdo...b1eda2dbf18.exe

The difference is the WGATray.exe program. Normally you don't see it, but if your Windows is not 'genuine' you get to see some warning messages I prefer them to be in the native language

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Rogon3, but that update contains the files from March 2007. Windows Update wants the files from April 2007.

Please open C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log and search for the LAST occurance of "KB905474"; I think you copied the link of the FIRST occurance. I'll update the info on the HFSLIP site to make that clear.

Edited by Tomcat76

Thanks Rogon3, but that update contains the files from March 2007. Windows Update wants the files from April 2007.

Please open C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log and search for the LAST occurance of "KB905474"; I think you copied the link of the FIRST occurance. I'll update the info on the HFSLIP site to make that clear.

Here is KOREAN

File Version : 1.7.0018.7

Build Date : 04/02/2007

Tomcat76, Thankyou.

Edited by Rogon3