Vistapack 2.4 Released

damian666

Well, i got the link, and i am about to test it right now, and see how it looks.

First, i will do the CD Patch option and then create an ISO-file i can use to install it on VirtualBox.

And then install it normally afterwards (on the virtual computer, of-course).

Edited by prebenandre

Using the CD Patch Option:

So far, the CD Patch option did not update the "Time and Date" icon, "Timezone" icon and the "network configuration settings" icon.

Everything else were updated as i wanted it to be like (Boot screen, the "installation wallpaper" and the rest of the icons) :D

I don't know if you are going to patch the "final wizard" before entering the desktop (the protection of automatic updates, the question mark helper, or the network installation, all of them are icons, eventually patch the blue background and the windows xp logo). But anyway, this was not changed at all.

And i must SAY that the logon screen was absolutely a big change :D

I am happy now, that it shows the vista orb up in the left corner instead of the green grass and the old logon screen you had earlier in the release. :D

And i am happy with the new windows xp logo on the "winver" task (about windows). The only thing i don't like there, is the "light-blue-line" between the logo and the text below.

The screensaver is the same old Windows XP as well, not updated. (But this was only using the CD Patch Option, right?) ;)

Let's look at how it performs on after installation... :)

Using the Installation option (with extras):

It seems to be some bugs with the start menu. The first letters of "my computer, my music" and so on, has disappeared, not good. And the "start menu search" should not be there. It creates trouble with the start menu, when it comes to the "log off or shutdown computer button".

The screensaver seems to be old-fashioned too.

Is there something you want me to check out while i am testing? :)

Edited by prebenandre

thanx guys, very much appriciated :D

the screensaver is not patched yet, so that normal...

the cutoff text in startmenu si fixed by selecting the smaller or bigger one in the visual style, tahst why its there :D

its set to 48 i think, try 32 :D or the other way around ofcourse :P

"searchbar" removed in the next test version .

oh and prebenandre, give me the cd patch logs please, its in the vistapack dir under i386 logs or something.

That way i can check the errors.

"installation wallpaper" ??? did i change that? no way... :P

all other mentioned things i am currently checking out :D

thanx agian dudes

Damian666

- The cutoff text in start menu is fixed by selecting the smaller or bigger one in the visual style, that's why its there :D

It's set to 48 i think, try 32 :D or the other way around of course :P

- "Search bar" removed in the next test version .

- Oh and prebenandre, give me the CD patch logs please, its in the vistapack directory under i386 logs or something.

That way i can check the errors.

- "Installation wallpaper" ??? did i change that? no way... :P

- It was set to 48. Set the standard to 32. That helped :)

(And personally, I prefer icons next to "My computer, My documents", and so on (XP), on the start menu. On Vista, this will be viewed and updated automatically up in the right corner on the picture, which should be hard to make identically for Windows XP. Or what do you think? I think it is bored with only the text. But this happens only when the Visual Style is installed (from the extras). Eventually replace the start menu with something different).

- That's good.

- Check further down this page. :)

- The "installation wallpaper" is the fancy background when you are installing Windows XP. You didn't change it but I like it :) Screenshot added.

Edited by prebenandre

Using the normal install feature the only bug is the startmenu letters missing to my docs etc setting style to Basic 32 or Black 32 fix that bug.

The searchbar make troobles in the startmenu buttons.

There is no other bug with the normal methode.

I'll test the iso patch this evenning.

ooooh, tahts the installation wallpaper you mean...

cool that you like it, made it from the ground up all by myself :D

oh, and i meant the directory with the patch logs of the I386 patch not the normal log :D

the text is only cuttoff if you apply the segoe ui font i think.

try it out with the normal font and let me knomw what it looks like then man.

and for everybody else, if this goes like this, tomorrow is new version release.

Damian666

- ooooh, that's the installation wallpaper you mean...

cool that you like it, made it from the ground up all by myself :D

- oh, and i meant the directory with the patch logs of the I386 patch not the normal log :D

Damian666

- Great :D

- Directory is attached to this post. I hope you got what you need. :)

(I had to ZIP the folder, and then RAR the file, because of the file size.)

Edited by prebenandre