Vistapack 2.4 Released

damian666

- that second post, those are my things :D

Yes, of course it is your things :D

I haven't been thinking to steal your work,

I just wanted to show the greatest stuff you have done successfully with Vistapack, that i really really like.

- i know some things need a lot of improvement man, i am working on it :D

and i am not going to include a lot of extra software man, i hate it when my system gets slowed down by running

stuff in the background.

Well, i agree with that :)

- and about the "cursor" in the right corner, trust me... its not the cursor, its custom made. and not by me

its very hard to make a nice one for in that corner.

What do you mean? What is that "cursor" for really? It doesn't attract the beauty of windows very much with that cursor, really. Shouldn't it be better with the Windows Vista Orb logo?

- language support only done for the installer, not the patcher...

No english language support on installer?

- shutdown dialog fixed in new version.

logon changed too

Are you telling me that these changes has been made and will come in a new release of Vistapack XP?

- (Will there be an option to choose what to be installed when it is patching my system files, not the extras?)

no, i dont see the need for that.

Well, i was mostly thinking about the logon- and shutdownscreen. If you could move them to the Extras. But, if better logon- and shutdownscreens will come, i will agree with you ;)

- but thanx for your ideas, i hope i can get you in my fanbase, but i am only human man.

i can only do so much :D

damian666

But if i suddenly finds something useful, that you eventually can integrate in this pack, i can come with some ideas.

If that is okey for you, of course. :D

Edited by prebenandre

I just wanted to show the greatest stuff you have done successfully with Vistapack, that i really really like.

Cool :D

What do you mean? What is that "cursor" for really? It doesn't attract the beauty of windows very much with that cursor, really. Shouldn't it be better with the Windows Vista Orb logo?

its not a static picture, thats the problem, its a animation, which is made up of a very long bitmap, which plays round and round. very hard to make, be my guest, and try it :D if you succeed, i wil include it :D

No english language support on installer?

the installer chooses the language of your OS, thast why you dont see english, i see it i dutch so...

Are you telling me that these changes has been made and will come in a new release of Vistapack XP?

hell yeah :D

Well, i was mostly thinking about the logon- and shutdownscreen. If you could move them to the Extras. But, if better logon- and shutdownscreens will come, i will agree with you

cool

But if i suddenly finds something useful, that you eventually can integrate in this pack, i can come with some ideas.

If that is okey for you, of course.

ofcourse man, read teh posts, all users can help me out :D

Damian666

i hope this week, but i am not sure if i am going to make it...

and screenshots? no.

you just have to wait man

Damian666

@theutlass, it supports nl, en, sp it, and de for now... so no french...

sorry, you could help me translate some stuff if you like.

then i can support french too, do it this week, and i might get it in the new release...

and yes, the /S switch does apply all the extra's.

svcpack?, no, do it on first run, that will work

Edited by damian666

If you can tell me what strings you modifie i can send you translated strings :)

What extra's does the /S switch apply ?

Edit : I looked to the app and it has a source patching feature, it's very nice :)

But does it only patch the files or does it also drop vista theme and extras ?

Edited by theutlass

Edit : I looked to the app and it has a source patching feature, it's very nice :)

But does it only patch the files or does it also drop vista theme and extras ?

Only files.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

thanx Mara, indeed it only patches files for now...

i am still looking for a good way to integrate it in the setup :D

If you can tell me what strings you modifie i can send you translated strings

ok, look in the shell32.dll AND sysdm.cpl AND timedate.cpl folder, and lookup the resfiles there all those resfiles should be translated to french.

just open it up in reshacker, and there you see the dialogs i translate, just add a french one too the list, copy the english in there, and translate it.

thanx for it, you will be credited in the readme and stuff.

What extra's does the /S switch apply ?

all of them, sounds, cursors, wallpaper, true transparency, theme... all of it :D

Damian666

Edited by damian666

There are corrupted ressource file in the pack

timedate.cpl => both english version of the script got german windows name

sysdm.cpl => 115.res only contain one language (NL ?)

Edited by theutlass

hmm, let me look man, but about that 115 one language one, that one is not needed.

its a test file.

about the dialog caption, change it to Date and time, its my own language btw :D

then you are good to go :D

Damian666 thanx man

Here is English 115.res. If you need any other on English, just say and I'll upload it.

115.rar

Cheers ;)

This is the original 115.res file, i'll make the new one with nl,en and fr lang

Edit : Here is the up to date file ;)

115.7z

Edited by theutlass