Vistapack 2.4 Released

damian666

@Damian666

I've found some problems with the vistapack. 2.4 release.

First: patching extmgr.dl_ failed with the following logmessage

Patching File: extmgr.dl_

Copying File to working dir

Executing Reshacker

File not found

Reshacker script error

The extmgr.dll.log however produced this:

[14 apr 2008, 12:10:54]

[FileNames]

Exe=Backup\extmgr.dll

SaveAs=NewFiles\extmgr.dll

Log=Logs\extmgr.dll.log

[Commands]

-modify "Resources\extmgr.dll\901.avi", AVI, 901,

Commands completed

Second one is that after patching the CD and after installing the patchedversion in VirtualPC the prefetchfolder is not created and winxp hangs at boot. :blink: Booting into safemode is possible. Booting into safemode with networkcapabilitys is not possible (system hangs)

third one but this is a minor thingy (i hope ), when installing the battery software de os is complaining about the Logotest

post-10340-1208178322_thumb.jpg

post-10340-1208178336_thumb.jpg

Regards Doenja

for extmgr its just a case of wrong resource entry, nothing bad...

did you use a updated xp cd?

that other issues, did you disable sfc?

i cant think of anything else you know...

so please let me know that...

Damian666

p.s. bedankt he!!

Edited by damian666

Second one is that after patching the CD and after installing the patchedversion in VirtualPC the prefetchfolder is not created and winxp hangs at boot. blink.gif Booting into safemode is possible.

You will have to disable SFC.

third one but this is a minor thingy (i hope ), when installing the battery software de os is complaining about the Logotest

This is not problem with VistaPack, it is something to do with nLite.

Cheers ;)

Hi Folks,

Sorry to have been gone but work and tax time had me swamped. Two things 1) patching error message and 2) a small fix

1) Patching error message:

With SFC disabled, I ran 2.4 to mod an XP CD that I had copied to the hard drive. I'm not sure if it was during or after patching that a Reshacker script error mesage popped up.

The I386 Log shows this:

"Patching File: extmgr.dl_

Copying File to working dir

Executing Reshacker

File not found

Reshacker script error"

But the Logs folder has a file named EXTMGR.DLL.LOG. It shows this:

"[11 Apr 2008, 17:00:03]

[FileNames]

Exe=Backup\extmgr.dll

SaveAs=NewFiles\extmgr.dll

Log=Logs\extmgr.dll.log

[Commands]

-modify "Resources\extmgr.dll\901.avi", AVI, 901,

Commands completed"

2) a small fix:

Conditions - 1280X1024, 96 DPI, "vistapack" theme, "Black" color scheme and Font size "Large Fonts"

Issue - In the upper black bar, "My Network Places" does not show "View workgroup computers" or "Show icons for networked UPnP devices".

Cause - The text lables are too long to fit in the space available

Fix - shorten the lables

For those who want to see workgroup comouters etc. I've attached two files. "Modded.reg" replaces the strings with shorter versions allowing all to be seen. "Original.reg" replaces the original strings. This fix works until something causes a shell reload. You can set the "Modded.reg" file to run silent on every reboot but the best workaround is to run "Modded.reg" one time and then mod the strings where they live in "Shell32.dll" and in "xpsp2res.dll" so when a shell reload happens the strings don't change.

@damian - Not everybody will want to do their own dll mods. Ya think anybody will object if these text strings are shortened in v2.5?

Enjoy

Soambah

UnVista_Explorer_BMP_167.bmp

2K_Explorer_BMP_167.bmp

Vistapack_2_Explorer_BMP_167.bmp

Vistapack_Explorer_BMP_167.bmp

Modded.reg

Original.reg

Edited by sombahd

thanx, i really like them...

dont know if i will include them, but the hell, i am going to use them myself man :D

damian666

p.s. i cant fix a dll for all if only a few have problems man...

i will look at it.

p.s.2

what about a XP one fo the startmenu?

only 2000 there...

Edited by damian666

for extmgr its just a case of wrong resource entry, nothing bad...

did you use a updated xp cd?

that other issues, did you disable sfc?

i cant think of anything else you know...

so please let me know that...

Damian666

p.s. bedankt he!!

Oke this is what i've done

Installing Vistapack after installation:

1. copyed a fresh set of xpfiles to a new folder ( just to be safe) ( XP Pro retail sp2 integrated)

2. created a iso and used it to install a fresh new Virtual machine. Installation went fine and after that I patched the system with your pack. Result? Al is working. The only thing is that when i want to boot into safemode the system ask for clicking a username witch isnt there :wacko:

post-10340-1208256508_thumb.jpg

Installing with patched CD

1.. copyed a fresh set of xpfiles to another new folder and patched the files with your pack. Created the Iso and installed it on a new fresh virtual machine. Again the system halts at first boot after setup has finished "cleaning temporary installationfiles"

2. Booted into safemode ->works but again NO prefetchfolder.

3. Booting into safemode with network-> system halts

4. Booted into safemode with CMD-> works

5. Disabled SFC by editing the registry and booted again. System halts!

Maybe it has something to do with patching the network.dlls?

Should I disable sfc by patching the sfc.dll on the cd?

I'm gona test on a real system and will give you the results as soon as possible.

@ Mara

Nlite wasn't even near my computer.

regards Doenja

Graag gedaan Damian.

Edited by Doenja

hi man, just use nlite to patch the sfc.dll on your cd.

that should help, and try to use a GOOD virtual machine man.

I think its because of that...

i test on VMware, and see no trouble, i have tested it yesterday.

i was about to reinstall my machine, so i patched a fresh made up to date xpcd.

and without testing it in a vm, i installed it on my pc.

no problem what so ever man...

all went well, no trouble with messages, except that my sounddriver was wrong, but thats driverpack stuff so...

just installed new driver after install completed, done.

so let me know what you find out more ok?

Damian666

Cool gozer!!!

Edited by damian666

:thumbup having fun all day!!

Followed your advice and patched de sfc.ddl with Nlite, closed Nlite and patched with Vistapack, created the Iso, burnt a cdrw and tested on a real system and around T-39 stage i get a errormessage saying I386\asms onjuiste functie (wrong function) :huh:

Thinking of a burnfailure or something going wrong creating the iso I started all over.

Popped in the cd and????? same error ..wtf

next step: when the erromessage showed I changed the patched cd for the real cd and setup finished leaving me with a half vista an half winxp style installation.

Setup is checking something on the cd before continuing and found everything oke on the real cd

Just to be absolutely sure that my genuine cd is ok I've installed with it and all went fine. :thumbup

So the problem seems to be the ASMS error popping up using the patched version.

I'don't know :no: what the files are for in that folder but apparently does the patching something to the files in that folder.???

regards Doenja

:thumbup having fun all day!!

Followed your advice and patched de sfc.ddl with Nlite, closed Nlite and patched with Vistapack, created the Iso, burnt a cdrw and tested on a real system and around T-39 stage i get a errormessage saying I386\asms onjuiste functie (wrong function) :huh:

Thinking of a burnfailure or something going wrong creating the iso I started all over.

Popped in the cd and????? same error ..wtf

next step: when the erromessage showed I changed the patched cd for the real cd and setup finished leaving me with a half vista an half winxp style installation.

Setup is checking something on the cd before continuing and found everything oke on the real cd

Just to be absolutely sure that my genuine cd is ok I've installed with it and all went fine. :thumbup

So the problem seems to be the ASMS error popping up using the patched version.

I'don't know :no: what the files are for in that folder but apparently does the patching something to the files in that folder.???

regards Doenja

I would the "ASMS" feature of nLite leave alone... I never used this!

Hello folks!

As i wrote also @WPC, i have TClock3 issues with Vistapack (Don't using WinXP anymore ;)). That tool refuses to load correctly. Okay my Windows 2000 is an installation for development so it's better to not install that tool...

I never want miss Vistapack because without that Windows is sooo boring!