Vistapack 2.4 Released

damian666

yeah, well on the WPC forums, i saw a guy who has made it possible for nt4 toi use 32bit icons, maybe we can let him port it or something?

i will see what i can do man... but dont expect miracles dude

damian666

Well, back on topic. I noticed you used large icons in the startmenu. Why? Did you do this on purpose? These icons should be 24px images inside a 32px grid, not actual 32px images. Take a close look at win2k's original shell32.dll and you'll see those icons numbered from 20 to 28 are a tad smaller than the rest. Right now they look too close to each other because images are larger than they should be.

Hi Damian and all vistapack users,

I have had an issue, but this is only for knowledge.

I've installed AutoIt but I get a Windows error message when I start the editor (and other autoit tools).

Error advises there is a problem with comctl32.dll so then I replaced that file and now everything is OK. Bye

Edited by kontini

Hi Damian,

I got Vistapack 2.3! Great piece of work! I have one issue though. It has to do with the fact that my 17" flatscreen wants to run at 1280 X 1024 else it looks really wierd. To view that without a magnifying glass I have to set "large fonts"(125 DPI) in Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/DPI setting:. When I do that the start menu looses the cute user picture. Actually a bit of the bottom of the picture is about a half inch to the left of it's window. Going back to "normal size" (96 DPI) makes the picture appear where it belongs except I can't read anything without a magnifier. I scanned the forums here but found nothing about this issue. Is there a way I can fix this? Has anyone else had this problem?

I've attached a bit of a screen shot. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

post-120410-1205470711_thumb.jpg

@kontine, thats weird dude, i have installed autoit always, the patcher is made with it!!!

and i never have any trouble whatsoever....

so thats really weird man?????

i will try to see if i can find a solution, but thats going to be hard when you dont see that error yourself.

@sombahd, hm, i think its just not made for that resolution man.

its the fault of the visual style, only workaround is trying another one...

let me now if you find one, and i will check that one, to maybe include it in the pack ok?

damian666

sombahd,

I run the same resolution on one of my boxes and it looks fine. Maybe try uninstalling... set everything to default then re apply?

Squeeto- I had the same prob... try the skydrive mirror if you have a prob again. :sneaky:

Hello,

I was just wondering about one thing regarding this pack and that is:

I as a user of a Window 2000 OS that has been stripped with FDV windows reducer fileset have had some problems running this makeover. It installs without any erros that would actually abort the install, but after the reboot needed for the OS to reload dlls and whatever else has been changed, my explorer.exe just wont start itself. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems? And is there maybe a workaround?

Thank you and best regards,

knofix

Hi Damian,

Well, I have bad news and I have good news. The bad news is that I tried Vishal Gupta's VistaVG and BricoPack Vista Inspiriat Ultimate and both have the start menu icon and user pic alignment problem with font DPI at 120. I used an XPSP2 machine for these tests because Inspiriat's info insisted it would not work with SP3. The good news is that when I tried Vista Transform (VTP801) it allowed me to choose font DPI and the start menu alignment problem was GONE! The bad news, for me, is that VTP801 did not otherwise work as well as Vistapack does. It locked up frequently. Also I think I broke their website :blushing: because right after I had downloaded the thing their website went off line and has been down all day! It does seem to be available from a lot of other sites though. More bad news is that of the three only VTP801 seems to allow patching source files like Vistapack does. I've made several slimmed down, unattended install, SP3 rc2 slipstreamed, CDs using Vistapack patched source files and they work marveleously :thumbup So Damian, please check out VTP801 and see if you can you include a font DPI selector in Vistapack. Please :wub:

Soambah

@ knofix, well, did you install Tclock3?

because thats the main explorer crasher in the pack.

it has to be exactly right for your system, or it wont work you know...

try that and let me know.

@adrian, no thanx man :D

@sombahd, i wil check it out, but dont promise anything man... :D

@ beerman, hi dude, finally got here huh? :)

damian666

Hey damian666

No, I did not use tclock3. (nothing @ extras was installed). Anyway It was a fresh clean install of win2k intended for testing purposes only.

Ill do it again and post some logs, maybe those will shed some light on the matter. Anyway thanks for the swift reply.

Best regards

knofix

Edited by knofix