Vistapack 2.4 Released

damian666

What happened to the WMP and Movie Maker icons?

EDIT. Nevermind, I figured out what happened.

What are the proper proceedures to update from one release to the next? If I restore the original files, Isn't there a risk of losing a WU-patched file or something?

Edited by Outback2k1

Good question, outback...

but no, no risk.

i made it so that when a file is updated and the fileversion is greater then the one in the backup folder, it will first copy it there and then use that for the patching.

that way you keep the newest file on restore :D

so, its cool, and about updating, i am checking if i can make it so that the user dont have to uninstall and install.

when i finish it, you can just install over the old version.

BUT, its not done yet, so plesae wait for me ok?

@kontini, thanx man for the heads up.

i will check the icons, but they indeed are my own taste interpretation :D

so i dont promise anything :D

thanx for the translations man.

and i totally forgot the entry in the guestbook...

oh and about the outlook bmp's, forget it man, it is limited to 16bit color so its a no go, trust me , i tried

@ mara, the ini that is supplied with tclock3 is ready made so it has to be correct, i dont use autoit for that one, yet...

@ squeeto, i wil check the bmp you and kontini made, and will see which works better, thanx man

damian666

Edited by damian666

I'm on XP and I've tested the attached batmeter.dll and the bmps are better that those in the pack.

Msoeres.dll: 16 bit colors but without a purple background, please!

P.S. Another little thing: Winntbbu background is too "white" so the text during setup is unreadable.

Edited by kontini

Nice pack, as usual Damian. But... is it my imagination or the installer has lost the feature to "force reload" files???

EDIT

timedate.cpl is screwed with this version (2 dialogs missing) and Vistadrive doesn't work fine for me (2 hard drive missing icons in my system).

Edited by XibaD

Hello damian666.For a few days in last weeks I have been testing your vista-2000 pack and I have encountered something strange.It is long to explain and dificult to understand.

I have "extracted" the pack(not installed) and searching Resource dir and I have encountered that there are many reshacker script that have all bmp and ico to patch the file.But not all referenced file exist in the directory.They are missing.Well OK.

After that,I have installed the pack(at first time not patching the system files) and searching the same directorys where I see the missing files,I have encountered the missing files!!??,BUT,this files creates during install???(I think,perhaps a routing that you have implementing to create this files during the installation process) are WRONG.Some of them are a bmp or ico repeated in the same directory,other,in different directory.Some of them,well,OK,are right,but other no.

For example,a few dirs,with the "extracted"(not install) resource script and a Vista 2000 pack installation dirs whit OK/WRONG?? files:

-appwiz.cpl

-modify "Resources\appwiz.cpl\1502.ico", ICONGROUP, 1502, -Don´t exist -Created same as 1500.ico -WRONG??

-modify "Resources\appwiz.cpl\5003.bmp", BITMAP, 5003, -Don´t exist - Created same as 5002.bmp -WRONG??

-browseui.dll

-modify "Resources\browseui.dll\268.bmp", BITMAP, 268, -Don´t exist - Created same as 267.bmp -This is OK but 267.bmp will be without color.

-modify "Resources\browseui.dll\279.bmp", BITMAP, 279, -Don´t exist - Created same as 278.bmp -This is OK but 278.bmp will be without color.

-certmgr.dll

-modify "Resources\certmgr.dll\255.bmp", BITMAP, 255, -Don´exist - Created as same 252 or 254 BMP-I think 252,254 and 255 are WRONG.252 and 255 have to be the same but at 32x32 and 254 at 16x16.

-ciadmin.dll

-modify "Resources\ciadmin.dll\406.bmp", BITMAP, 406, -Don´t exist - Created as same 404.bmp -WRONG??,don´t exist in Vista.

-cleanmgr.exe

-modify "Resources\cleanmgr.exe\113.ico", ICONGROUP, 113, -Don´t exist - Created as same as....???-104 and 113 will be the same than 104.ico;111.ico in "extracted" dir is WRONG,but when patch the system this icon isn´t used,patch whit the correct one,I think, but I don´t understand it.

-cmmon32.exe

-modify "Resources\cmmon32.exe\101.ico", ICONGROUP, 101, -Don´t exist icons in this dir but create a new one in system patched(this icon don´t exist in Vista,I think),but where this new icon is?

-cmstp.exe

-modify "Resources\cmstp.exe\107.ico", ICONGROUP, 107, -Same as above

-comuid.dll

-modify "Resources\comuid.dll\328.bmp", BITMAP, 328, -Don´t exist -Created as same as 327.bmp more small-I think this is OK

-modify "Resources\comuid.dll\332.ico", ICONGROUP, 332, -Don´t exist-Created a new one?? that is OK but where is it?

-cryptui.dll

-modify "Resources\cryptui.dll\307.bmp", BITMAP, 307, -Don´t exist-Creates a new one from 302.bmp but smaller.But OK

-modify "Resources\cryptui.dll\313.bmp", BITMAP, 313, -Don´t exist-Creates a new one from...??,is OK but It aren´t from Vista.Are yours,isn´t it?

-modify "Resources\cryptui.dll\314.bmp", BITMAP, 314, -Same as above

-modify "Resources\cryptui.dll\315.bmp", BITMAP, 315, -Same as above

-modify "Resources\cryptui.dll\3416.ico", ICONGROUP, 3416, -Don ´t exist and create one same as 3414.ico,but I think that this time the error comes from Vista because in it,this two icons are the same,but in W2000 are diferent,and I think that they would be diferent.

-modify "Resources\cryptui.dll\4103.bmp", BITMAP, 4103, -Same case as 313,314,315 Bitmap.

-modify "Resources\cryptui.dll\4999.ico", ICONGROUP, 4999, -Don´t exist and create a new one same as 3410.ico,but this can be OK

-cscui.dll

-modify "Resources\cscui.dll\1208.ico", ICONGROUP, 1208, -Don´t exist,create new one based in .....?Can be OK?.

-dataclen.dll

-modify "Resources\dataclen.dll\100.ico", ICONGROUP, 100, -Don´t exist and create one same as 104.ico in cleanmgr.exe??? that can be OK

-deskperf.dll

-modify "Resources\deskperf.dll\100.ico", ICONGROUP, 100, -Same as avobe but I don´t know where is this file??.In W2000 it is similar to the display control applet in control panel.

-dmdskres.dll

-modify "Resources\dmdskres.dll\360.ico", ICONGROUP, 360,

-modify "Resources\dmdskres.dll\364.ico", ICONGROUP, 364,

-modify "Resources\dmdskres.dll\377.ico", ICONGROUP, 377, -This 3 files are the same case,the file don´t exist,created,and the files are correct,but where are the files from?

-dsuiext.dll

-modify "Resources\dsuiext.dll\4100.ico", ICONGROUP, 4100, -And this 7 files the same,don´t exist,creates new ones

-modify "Resources\dsuiext.dll\4114.ico", ICONGROUP, 4114, -based in 4096,4099 and 4111 whit the error that in

-modify "Resources\dsuiext.dll\4116.ico", ICONGROUP, 4116, -w2000 4099.ico is diferent from 4114 and 4116,and

-modify "Resources\dsuiext.dll\4122.ico", ICONGROUP, 4122, -4130 is not the same as 4100,4122 and 4125(these 3

-modify "Resources\dsuiext.dll\4125.ico", ICONGROUP, 4125, -are closed and 4130 is open)

-modify "Resources\dsuiext.dll\4130.ico", ICONGROUP, 4130,

-modify "Resources\dsuiext.dll\4132.ico", ICONGROUP, 4132,

UUUFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Very complicated really.Well,the really question,apart than a file is or not,How it is posible that if the resouce file neded to parche a system file don´t exit in a "extracted"(not installed)dir,when we make a install of the pack, the lost archives appear???.

Yes I know,this is a very long post and perhaps it isn´t very clear.Sorry so much.I´m from Spain and Translator engines are very poor to splain it clearly.

Edited by jose_rsh

The vistapack should be installed and not extracted (there is no reason to do this). It's the installer packager that removes duplicate files (for smaller size) and rebuilds them during setup, so everything it's Ok.

The vistapack should be installed and not extracted (there is no reason to do this). It's the installer packager that removes duplicate files (for smaller size) and rebuilds them during setup, so everything it's Ok.

Yes,I think that it ´s OK,this is a very good job and my intencion is help damian666 to correct errors,bug,mistakes,encounter new ico and bmb...,to

do Vista Pack much better.My question is because I have encountered icons in a installation of Vista Pack that perhaps don´t correspond to the correct one.I think that,if it is made for the installer itself ,well,the installer allocate the incorrect target file name,and if it is made at the first stage of constructing the installation,assigning manually the duplicated files to destination file ico or bmp,well,this is OK,this is not a mistake.That ´s all.

Edited by jose_rsh

EDIT

timedate.cpl is screwed with this version (2 dialogs missing) and Vistadrive doesn't work fine for me (2 hard drive missing icons in my system).

That is not problem with this pack. It's problem with vista drive. If you have more then 2 partitions Vistadrive will display only these two.

Cheers ;)

I'm using the 2K version and it looks fantastic. However i think i'm gonna uninstall it because i can't stand the random icon corruption. Tihiy's Revolutions Pack should be really bug-free or left out from this, IMHO.

Great job.

I'm using the 2K version and it looks fantastic. However i think i'm gonna uninstall it because i can't stand the random icon corruption. Tihiy's Revolutions Pack should be really bug-free or left out from this, IMHO.

Great job.

RPL2K is necessary because it provides 32-bit icons to Windows 2000. System would look really bad with new icons and without RPL2K.

@ xibad, thanx man... but the vdrive does not work for you?

thats strange, can you investigate for me , and the reshacker log of your timedate .cpl please...

and about the force reloader, it is gone , but will be back on next version and a update function too man :D

@jose, dont extract the pack man, thats why its not found, simple as that dude :D

@ dave.net, if you dont like the way rpl2k works, ask tihiy to continue development man... :D

bye bye guys

damian666

Edited by damian666

RPL2K is necessary because it provides 32-bit icons to Windows 2000. System would look really bad with new icons and without RPL2K.

I knew that. I was beta-testing RP when it came out in February 2007.

@ dave.net, if you dont like the way rpl2k works, ask tihiy to continue development man... :D

Actually I did several times. Don't get me wrong, Damian, your pack is really GREAT. It's just (in my opinion) RP is a little buggy to be the "heart" of a customization pack. You should call out for programmers to develop a replacement. i'd do it myself if I could but i'm no progammer :(.

This is constructive criticism, man. I'm just triyng to help.

i know man, i also asked tihiy, but for soem reason, he doesnt even reply man.

he is to busy or something.

and i know its buggy, but we need to do with it i think...

but thanx for the upbuilding critisism man.

damian666