[Ultimate Guide] Manage your Windows Server 2008 as Client OS (Windows

neo

FYI: The kernel in windows vista will be upgraded to the one windows 2008 server uses when its released. So theres really no reason to run 2k8 as a desktop... besides, running evaluation versions isn't gonna cut it long term obv. and buying it would only because you didn't have any other ways of spending your money.

:rolleyes:

yea its have dx10 according to everest

the feathers could be installed in offline way[waik and pgrmgr.exe]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
<servicing>
<package action="configure">
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package" version="6.0.6001.17051" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="" />
<selection name="DesktopExperience" state="true" />
<selection name="SearchEngine-Server-Package" state="true" />
<selection name="QWAVE" state="true" />
</package>
</servicing>

GL

Edited by aviv00

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[ultimate Guide] Manage your Windows Server 2008 as Client OS (Windows Vista)

Windows Server 2008 has already contained Service Pack 1 and it’s solving many performance and capability issues. Windows Server 2008 doesn't contain many unnecessary services, program applications and drivers that save space in HDD as well as boost the performance.

as Microsoft MVP you should know that Windows Server 2008 DOES NOT contain Windows Server 2008 SP1, but rather SP1 of the original Longorn code, so the above statement is nothing but hoax.

Edited by valter

Is possible to change the resource from shell32.dll?

I want to replace all icons with icons from Windows XP.

I tried this in Windows Server 2008 RC1 using Resource Hacker, but without success.

as Microsoft MVP you should know that Windows Server 2008 DOES NOT contain Windows Server 2008 SP1, but rather SP1 of the original Longorn code, so the above statement is nothing but hoax.

Actually ! You are not getting me... I am just telling about sevice pack level in comparision to Windows Vista RTM.

Can't get how to install Windows Search. There aren't neither Features nor roles and the installer won't run. Please advice.

I do have however Windows Search service left from Server 2003 upgrade, but it's not operable.

Edited by djet

Can't get how to install Windows Search. There aren't neither Features nor roles and the installer won't run. Please advice.

I do have however Windows Search service left from Server 2003 upgrade, but it's not operable.

You need to enable the File Services role, and you will find it's a subfeature of this role.

I am quite intrigued about the proposition of running Windows Server 2008 as my workstation OS! Granted Vista got the kernel but from what i have been reading about SP1 its not much to write home about...but 2k8 is a different story.