[Ultimate Guide] Manage your Windows Server 2008 as Client OS (Windows

neo

[ultimate Guide] Manage your Windows Server 2008 as Client OS (Windows Vista)

Today Windows Vista is facing some performance and capability issues and Microsoft is cooking first service pack for Windows Vista and will release SP1 for Vista soon. That’s the latest Client OS from Microsoft.....Now move to latest Server OS of Microsoft....Its Windows Server 2008 and still in beta and hope will release in next 2 or 3 months.

Now I have written a guide that helps to mange Windows Server 2008 as a client OS...The question raises Why we use Windows Server 2008 as client OS?

Windows Server 2008 has already contained Service Pack 1 and it’s solving many performance and capability issues. Windows Server 2008 doesn't contain many unnecessary services, program applications and drivers that save space in HDD as well as boost the performance.

Windows Server 2008 contains improved Kernel and makes Windows computing more secure and stable....!

Then what are you thinking? Go ahead....

sc1.jpg

Source: Mera Windows for Full Story

Windows Server 2008 doesn't contain many unnecessary services, program applications and drivers that save space in HDD as well as boost the performance.

yet it runs sidebar and Aero. hopefully all skins will be disabled by default cause the video cards in our dell servers the rough equivalent of cow crap smashed flat like PCB with a VGA port on the back.

Windows Server 2008 doesn't contain many unnecessary services, program applications and drivers that save space in HDD as well as boost the performance.

yet it runs sidebar and Aero. hopefully all skins will be disabled by default cause the video cards in our dell servers the rough equivalent of cow crap smashed flat like PCB with a VGA port on the back.

None the of the desktop Experience options are turned on by default, very little is actually installed by default (no more then what is needed to server to run, you have to specifiy everything that you want to be installed on the server.

@ gamehead

:) it was going to happen sooner or later, just that 2008 is a very expensive platform for a desktop!

thx im doing it already and btw u could add Windows Search as well with server manger > add rules

[crdit to who told me that ,and i dont remember his name]

and i anyone knows about easy way to enable aero and windows search preinstallation would be gr8

GrofLuigi Posted Yesterday, 06:39 AM

Only if Nuhi puts his hands on it. smile.gif

GL

Nuhi wont puts his hands on it [i asked him about it]

cuz its server

but u could use vlite without removing "Help" and enjoy its only take 2.9GB on hdd [900mb iso]

for me :) u could take it to less

Edited by aviv00

FYI: The kernel in windows vista will be upgraded to the one windows 2008 server uses when its released. So theres really no reason to run 2k8 as a desktop... besides, running evaluation versions isn't gonna cut it long term obv. and buying it would only because you didn't have any other ways of spending your money.