SP1 rc1 will not download/install on Vlited installs

dcyphure

I don't advice to use the Service Pack RC1. release software is good enough to be stable, but far enough for real time purposes.

I've used it for three weeks and I encounter so many problems that I don't think about it to used it furthermore.

Window Vista is such heavy and in 'my' eyes it won't be fair for older systems prior to 2007.

On a Core 2 Duo it looks nice, but how fast is a Core 2 Duo with Windows XP bij example?

Only for Direct X10 you should need a bloating OS "sorry for that', but these are all experiences I've had with Vista and I'm not that kind of stupid to let it run instead of the most lighter Windows X64.

People, I'm talking about my machine and on this one Vista should be more a strugglish one. I don't have a slow machine and I play UT3 without any hazzle, but for most people Vista is to much fot their systems. Spending 169 euro on it and upgrading your system at the same time should be too much for many. I can completely understood the opposition against Vista.

These words are not some fairytale, but suggested bij our highest supervisor, the "consumentenbond' is Dutch. I don't know the Englisch word. Sorry in advance, because I've a 10 year education on English with a 6 in the endexamination VWO. So it is not perfect, but I do my outmost.

Vista is too brandnew to be a superhero on systems. That hero become some blame in performance and why consider a upgrade if you're satafactory with XP?

Curiousity? I think, but this curiosity won'r be fine on most older systems.

good evening

I shall like to install SP1, but having installed vista with Vlite it is not possible

I understood manipulation you make you, is what it shall have there a tuto which explains reference definitely classify?

thank you

PS: sorry for my English :whistle:

I don't advice to use the Service Pack RC1. release software is good enough to be stable, but far enough for real time purposes.

I've used it for three weeks and I encounter so many problems that I don't think about it to used it furthermore.

Window Vista is such heavy and in 'my' eyes it won't be fair for older systems prior to 2007.

On a Core 2 Duo it looks nice, but how fast is a Core 2 Duo with Windows XP bij example?

Only for Direct X10 you should need a bloating OS "sorry for that', but these are all experiences I've had with Vista and I'm not that kind of stupid to let it run instead of the most lighter Windows X64.

People, I'm talking about my machine and on this one Vista should be more a strugglish one. I don't have a slow machine and I play UT3 without any hazzle, but for most people Vista is to much fot their systems. Spending 169 euro on it and upgrading your system at the same time should be too much for many. I can completely understood the opposition against Vista.

These words are not some fairytale, but suggested bij our highest supervisor, the "consumentenbond' is Dutch. I don't know the Englisch word. Sorry in advance, because I've a 10 year education on English with a 6 in the endexamination VWO. So it is not perfect, but I do my outmost.

Vista is too brandnew to be a superhero on systems. That hero become some blame in performance and why consider a upgrade if you're satafactory with XP?

Curiousity? I think, but this curiosity won'r be fine on most older systems.

Sorry but this is not the forum for talks like this.

Btw:UT3 doesent need a very good system.So if you play Crysis @medium-high settings but cant run vista...then its a problem.I have no doubt that someone who plays UT3 smoothly cant use vista smoothly.

Vista runs much smoother for me than XP ever did:

Athlon X2 3800+ @2.5Ghz

2GB RAM

Nvidia 8800GTS SLI

Vista Ultimate x86 SP1 v.744

Hi all !

Okay, vsp1cln.exe /? dont work even for me.

But you dont need this.

All switches are here :

VSP1CLN.exe [/o:e:\Windows] [/quiet] [/verbose ]

whatever m8, trust me , chinese doesnt work.

And you dont need to download cause its already present in SP1.

And then you have the latest version, the chinese version is old.

But its up to you, mine works fine...

Hmmm, even considered why you can't get SP1 installed on a Vlited Vista?

Even considered why you can apply SP2 for X64 on a Nlited edition with ease?

I won't be nasty for Vista users, but on a modern harddisk. 10 gig over 50639 files over 10.000 maps, a cheap IDE harddisk has a very hard job to do. The average filesize is so small that there is more wasted space on a Vista default volume with 4 KB clusters than here on my 32 KB cluster NTFS with X64 including all patches. :sneaky:

Vista will badly crash on NTFS when changing the logfile from 64 Mb to 4 MB. Under X64 no issue. The logfile is the most used file and the bigger, the longer the time to fill it, the slower your IO througout. In this situation every millisecond is one too much.

Vista SP1 and I've already tried it, but is looks a bit too much for my machine. Vista were fast, but the harddisks were only busy loading. Between Vista and XP, the harddisks both stay 11 degrees cooler (from 37 degrees Celsius to 26 degrees). Every 10 degrees cooler means a double lifetime for the harddisk. Keep that in mind.

This is not a Vista issue. It's an Aero issue!

It's not an aero issue, it's an explorer issue.

If you have good speed in other apps and don't want sp1 then try downloading KB941673 from somewhere like _thehotfix.net_ and apply the setting shown at the bottom of this page. :)

Thanx for the idea, realy thanks, but I don't use Vista anymore on this machine.

Vista is the first OS which want to page out heavely, 4096 MB or not. Is it normal that Aero must rebuild and Vista must load everything back in memory from the pagefile while I won't pass the 3 GB after a game? Plenty of room and Vista should page out agressive.

At first, Windows Vista HP 32-bit will only see 3369 MB of my 4096 MB and Windows X64 see the whole RAM.

I don't have Vista 64-bit and I've an OEM version so if I get a new machine it becomes Windows X64 till the time you can't avoid DirectX10.1 like DirectX9c now.

If that time comes than I should take care of a brute CPU and a brute GPU with 8192 MB RAM and a very fast harddisk eg SSD (mid2008).

I don't want to now how much Crysis needs at full settings. 4096 Mb is a bit too less if Vista X64 will take in with a 986 MB load after startup (I've tried it for 30 days in the recent past). Then superfetch hooks in and needs a 5 minute duty on the harddisk to fill up the RAM to top loaded and when loading a game, that data is wasted and must be rebuild after a game. Again, paging and superfetching equally gave no performanceboot :unsure: Vista page it out because it wants the superfetch data intact??

Nah, also Windows X64 needs to page, but you can't make a compaire on it, far not.

Using Vlite reduces the lkoads of Vista? No, maybe your system have such more to do. If the Windows map grows with 3,7 GB and with 5633 maps (SP1), what kind of data is in it and what kind of data needs such amount of files??

Intergrating SP1 on a Vlite tooks 1 hour? I believe that. because installing SP1 on Vista spends here 47 minutes.

Windows X64 SP2 does his job in a merely 2 minutes!!

And the surprise is = yes, I like Vista, but not on my machine and I really like Vista on a Solid State Disk and on a brandnew machine. I like Aero and Vista has much improvements over Windows XP 32-bit, but al the text is personally encountered and is it true or not? Maybe I'm wrong, but I've my eyes always keeped in this worls.

The king? Zero is the Queen and the One is the King, the less, the better ;)

I won't bash Vista, but since I've removed it from my harddisk by zero filling I've had not any regret.

Vlite did not resolve the bloating problem and the average filesize of the Vista partition is 112 KB after a fresh install and under X64 341 KB, a huge impact on effective disk usage.

At one point Vista won a gold medaille, really and this is on MFT zone reservation. Vista does really a good job of data-alignment. Yes, I should say this :)