SP1 rc1 will not download/install on Vlited installs

dcyphure

"You can also rebuild the ISO using vLite by extracting the contents of the Vista RTM ISO to a temporary directory, replacing the install.wim and using vLite's Vista Burning/ISO creation features. One can also use vLite to remove unwanted features in Vista SP1 even though vLite was primarily designed/tested on Vista RTM."

Does this mean that, after creating a new install.wim, and copying files from original install disk to a temp file, one can just delete the install.wim from the source folder and coopy/paste the new one in there - then vlite???

Yes, you can do it and rebuild a new ISO or copy files on USB key !

Edited by MFCK

Google for vsp1cln.exe only finds chinese sites ,cant read chinese :no:

Perhaps you shouldn't give up so easily!

I've outlined all you need to know above as well as including a link to the technet article - you just need the exe...

I will phone Microsoft to get more info. :thumbup 10x for the hint.

No problem, nuhi put me onto it. Let us know any info you find out. :)

Thanks Jamieo !

I've downloaded Vsp1cln.exe and Vsp1cln_x64.exe and i've cleaned the offline image !

Perfect ! Vista winsxs size is decreased again but the registry hive "component" remain always 18mb (9mb RTM) :wacko: .

With reverse integration and SP1 cleaner i have a vLited Vista like with the RTM.

Yeah, I think the ISO for pre RC SP1 was created the same way. Hopefully a m$ provided RTM SP1 ISO will be built from scratch without all the baggage of previous file versions, reg keys etc. ....Or maybe not!

Yes, that's what I compromised yesterday by building a Vlited Vista. No option and to be honest, the service pack has little advantage on my machine and the recent performance patches for Vista works fine.

One of the things that whas fixed in SP1 whas the speed of copy from disk to disk. This is not a Vista issue. It's an Aero issue!

Why? Because 7-zip copied all my needs at full speed. Even without SP1.

In my Vlite I disabled also the Traditional languages like Chinese and Simplified Chinese like Japanese and Korean. I dont know a word of them and it takes 1297MB in account on the WIM file :shocking:

Speech support? Not needed and if needed, the hardware I shall buy will have additional software, so I think you never need these 417 MB on the image (what should it takes in account on your harddisk?)

With SP1 and an original setup from origibnal disk the c:\windows map only takes nearly 10 Gigabyte

With Vlite and without SP1 this map is [ is looking actually] 6,37 Gigabyte at this moment when the system is in full duty. Only 63 percent left with the same functionality I need. The space saved is enough for a good pagefile....

Do you really need SP1? Is this maybe the reason Vlite can't take this wave1 file in it. The file isn't complete?

Vlite tries to shrink Vista and SP1 is to bloom it utterly. Cannot be combined together?

Sorry for some English faults in tekst. My English is good, but far not perfect. I try to learn it by using it frequently? Suggestions are welcome and I don't see it as commentairy.

This is not a Vista issue. It's an Aero issue!

It's not an aero issue, it's an explorer issue.

If you have good speed in other apps and don't want sp1 then try downloading KB941673 from somewhere like _thehotfix.net_ and apply the setting shown at the bottom of this page. :)

Well I just made a vista image with Vista Ult X64 with sp1 and office 2007 nero 8 nod32 updated magic iso firefox and utorrent built into the install, its realllly nice and helpfull its like having your own vista ghost going.

Hi all. I have a quick question: is it possible that SP1 not starting at all on a vlited Vista x64 is due to the modified Vista? I have the Windows6.0-KB936330-wave1-X64.exe (the x64 SP1) and nothing happens when I double click the **** file. Just some hdd activity and that's it. :( I got reports from others that used the same file that everything was ok. So, is this because of vlite? I don't remember all the things that I removed from the installation, but I didn't remove anything that had *caution on it.

Google for vsp1cln.exe only finds chinese sites ,cant read chinese :no:

Perhaps you shouldn't give up so easily!

I've outlined all you need to know above as well as including a link to the technet article - you just need the exe...

I tried all the VSP1CLN.EXE's i found on the chinese sites , non of them work , even VSP1CLN.EXE /? doesnt work.

Can you please PM me yours, after 100000 chinese sites......almost feel chinese :wacko:

EDIT:

Never mind,VSP1CLN.EXE is also present in system32(only in vista SP1), just open a cmd and type VSP1CLN.EXE , hit enter thats all

Edited by sp00f

Hi sp00f !

vsp1cln.exe /o:d:\windows

vsp1cln_x64.exe /o:d:\windows

--->"d:\windows" is the path of your offline image

============================================

Windows Vista SP1 RTM 文件移除工具 (VSP1CLN.exe) (6.0.6001.17051)

Windows Vista SP1 安装之后会增加系统的硬盘使用量。这些空间用于存档RTM文件,以便可以卸载 SP1 使系统还原到RTM版本。如果希望找回这些额外付出的空间,你就可以运行这个微软官方提供的 VSP1CLN.exe 命令行工具。使用这个工具清除存档文件之后,不能再卸载 SP1。

此工具只适用于带有SP1的系统,可以脱机(集成了SP1的WIM镜像)或联机(运行中的系统)使用。

Vista SP1 RTM 文件移除工具有以下命令行选项:

VSP1CLN.exe [/h] | [/o: 脱机Windows文件夹路径] [/quiet]

/? 或 /h

显示 VSP1CLN 命令参数列表。

/o:[脱机Windows文件夹路径]

指定要移除RTM文件的脱机镜像位置。

/quiet

安静模式运行,没有显示。

/verbose

提供额外的诊断信息输出。

本工具由 Microsoft 提供。包含32位和64位两个版本,自行选择使用。

下载地址:http://download.cnbeta.com/wbpluto/Vista-SP1-RTM-Files-Removal-Tool(6.0.6001.17051).rar

wbpluto

有任何想说的请访问:blog.sina.com.cn/mscn

2007/12/15

Edited by MFCK

Thats not needed, if you read 1 post before yours.

VSP1CLN.exe is part of a Vista SP1 (asuming you installed SP1,otherwise this file isnt even needed)

Its present in system32, so after sysprep open a cmd and fill in : VSP1CLN.exe , and hit enter , it asks if you want to do it Yes or NO

So no need to download that file.

I made a screenshot of it, i know its dutch , but i hope you can figure it out.

vsp1clneg3.th.jpg

This is right before i close the system from audit mode.

Edited by sp00f

Hi all !

I have downloaded these two from chinese site.

And for me, to clean a x64 Vista i must type :

vsp1cln_x64.exe /o:E:\windows

C is my system drive and E is the offline Vista install.

vsp1cln.exe is not on system32 dir in a 64bit install.

And all is ok after !

Edited by MFCK