nLite won't recognize my XP CD

Terranaut

I'm trying to use nLite to make a basic unattended, slipstreamed install disk from my OEM XP Pro disk, but it won't recognize the disc, every time I point the program to the disc, I am told to make sure that the disc has an i386 or AMD64 folder.

I tried copying the contents of the CD to a folder on my Hard drive, but I get the same dialog.

The CD was purchased on the week of XP''s UK release.

I have tried the following versions of nLite"

1.4 Installer from main D/L link

1.4 Installer from 2nd mirror

1.3.5 Installer from main D/L link.

I have made an unattended install using a previous version of nLite but I cannot recall which.

Can anybody help me on this?

Like I said this is the original disk that I purchased on the week of XP's UK release.

Anyway, it appears that it is a hardware issue, as I have passed the stumbling point using a fresh install of XP from the original XP disk in VMware on my Mac.

What i would do, i use something like MagicSO and it can make an image of the CD/DVD and store it on your hard drive so for later use you can just extract it. MagicISO will also detect if it cant read any sectors on the disk if any problems should arise ie. hardware... but somtimes the disk just needs cleaning.

on hard drive, create c:\xpcd folder

copy all contents from cd to that folder

point nlite at it

I did that, but still got the error.

Like I said in post #3, I must be an issue with the hardware or other setup of the PC that I tried, as nLite works OK on my Virtual XP on my MacBook Pro.

nLite isn't to blame for this.

Edited by Terranaut

I did that, but still got the error.

Like I said in post #3, I must be an issue with the hardware or other setup of the PC that I tried, as nLite works OK on my Virtual XP on my MacBook Pro.

nLite isn't to blame for this.

If error was about hardware then clean your mainboard, ram, vga etc... with CTC(carbon tetra chloride). Then rubbing ram’s golden pins with led-pencil eraser. Then clean install Windows XP

Edited by rehbar