Vista Re-Format Required

Madhav

Hey Guys,

I purchased a new laptop Compaq v3000 series with licensed windows vista earlier this year, i haven't received any recovery cd for windows vista, now i need to format my computer because of some reasons, can u please advice what to do, I have my original serial key. :unsure:

Hey Guys,

I purchased a new laptop Compaq v3000 series with licensed windows vista earlier this year, i haven't received any recovery cd for windows vista, now i need to format my computer because of some reasons, can u please advice what to do, I have my original serial key. :unsure:

Normally, you would make the recovery disc's your self. You can call/e-mail HP to have one sent for a price. Or you could just load the drivers from their site and reinstall Vista urself

Don't Format....Before this: Visit Here

Download your laptop drivers from HP website and use above method to retrieve and backup your activation.

Take an Retal Vista Disc and perform installation (same version that you have in laptop) activate with above method.

I prefer to install Vista using Retail disc becoz....OEM Recovery takes 1 or 1.5 hours to complete installation...It installs crap or junk of un-needed softwares of OEM parter or owner.

It always formats your complete harddrive......

Now your turn......

i mean can i use any retail version of Vista (My friend's which is Vista Ultimate the same as mine), and then use my serial number and then use the above method to activate posted by neo.....????

oh btw neo the link to the utilities in that post doesnt work.......can you reupload?

i mean can i use any retail version of Vista (My friend's which is Vista Ultimate the same as mine), and then use my serial number and then use the above method to activate posted by neo.....????

oh btw neo the link to the utilities in that post doesnt work.......can you reupload?

Vista will be 100% legal and genuine ! :thumbup