Looking for clipmate alternatives

perlabsrat

I use clipmate at home but at work they will not pay for it so i am looking for a free solution with similar features.

Can anyone make some recommendations to try out?

Hi, I'm Chris Thornton, the ClipMate guy. Through the magic of the Googleplex, I heard your plea for help, and came to assist.

I don't think you'll find anything as full-featured as ClipMate for free. But you may find a TrialPay offer that suits you, and then you can (sort of) get ClipMate for free. For example, if you've always been curious about BlockBuster online, or if you are thinking of switching your car insurance to Geico, or maybe you were going to buy the Josh Grobin CD for your mom. Those companies will buy ClipMate for you, if you complete their TrialPay offer.

http://www.thornsoft.com/trialpay.htm

It's simple - you buy something that you need anyway, that company buys ClipMate for you. It's kind of like getting a free toaster or umbrella, except the gift is much, much better. :sneaky:

Or, just tell your boss that you really, really need ClipMate! The next time you're late on some assignment, tell him it's because you don't have the proper tools. At a staff meeting when he asks how the heck you can all deliver the next project on time, suggest ClipMate for everyone! We have volume discounts, and cheerfully accept purchase orders for $100 or more.

I use clipmate at home but at work they will not pay for it so i am looking for a free solution with similar features.

Can anyone make some recommendations to try out?

Hi, I'm Chris Thornton, the ClipMate guy. Through the magic of the Googleplex, I heard your plea for help, and came to assist.

I don't think you'll find anything as full-featured as ClipMate for free. But you may find a TrialPay offer that suits you, and then you can (sort of) get ClipMate for free. For example, if you've always been curious about BlockBuster online, or if you are thinking of switching your car insurance to Geico, or maybe you were going to buy the Josh Grobin CD for your mom. Those companies will buy ClipMate for you, if you complete their TrialPay offer.

http://www.thornsoft.com/trialpay.htm

It's simple - you buy something that you need anyway, that company buys ClipMate for you. It's kind of like getting a free toaster or umbrella, except the gift is much, much better. :sneaky:

Or, just tell your boss that you really, really need ClipMate! The next time you're late on some assignment, tell him it's because you don't have the proper tools. At a staff meeting when he asks how the heck you can all deliver the next project on time, suggest ClipMate for everyone! We have volume discounts, and cheerfully accept purchase orders for $100 or more.

unfortunately none of those offers are anything i could use - i know CM is worth it but in this case ill have to keep looking.

• 1 month later...
I was also looking for an alternative. Since I'm a cheap bastard and the default windows utility did not work for me.

That and I have no use for all the features in clipmate. My needs are simple.

I found clipboard magic. Its pretty tiny and very simple.

http://www.cybermatrix.com/cmdownloads.html

I tried Clipboard Magic for a while but it kept crashing so I had to abandon it. Ill look at some of the others posted here and see what works best for me.