recommended virusprogram for win2003server?

rsb

really i am funny huh ?? thats why i have security certifications and work for the government never have had system crash on my watch unless i purposely caused the crash which pretty much with virus writers due. i just work with them. there are some nasty ones that are under lock and key because you don't really want to see them. they would take any network to their knee's in a heart beat if one really wanted to and it would matter what AV you have about the only way u make is either not operate on public network or not connected at all. Cyber War is on its way i just hope we have a defense to counter attack them.

Symantec runs Fine never had a virus on any of my systems :)

• 4 weeks later...

Symantec runs Fine never had a virus on any of my systems :)

Sorry for the slight bump in the topic...

I just wanted to say im using NOD32, was v2.7 which was great - now its version 3, which is much more bloated, but still the best AV I have come across :)

And a mini-rant @ Symantec... that company/program is pure EVIL!!! it is the most bloated, resource hogging piece of junk I have ever used :D

And to the guy who said he used it and never had a virus... what you mean to say is that since you have installed it, it fails to detect any viruses you do get, unlike functional virus scanners :P

Edited by dennis123123

Some of us run years without real-time antivirus and have no issues - a good firewall, safe browsing/computer usage habits, and some know-how are enough to be just as good an "anti-virus" as the product.

Some of us run years without real-time antivirus and have no issues - a good firewall, safe browsing/computer usage habits, and some know-how are enough to be just as good an "anti-virus" as the product.

I second that.