can't save documents to a network drive (Office 2007) Update: sort

scragman

When I attempt to save any Office 2007 document to a network drive (hosted on a 2003 server) I get an error telling me that the file I'm trying to save is already in use and to try again later :realmad: . It doesn't matter if the file is saved in the 2007 format or the 97-2003 format. It also doesn't matter if the document is new and never been saved there before (meaning there is no chance of it already being in use). About theReinstalling office doesn't help, and I've checked permissions on the network share (those are correct). Any thoughts? My system is running XP (if that matters) and I've also tried it on a Vista machine with the same results. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Turns out it's our antivirus (BitDefender Client Professional Plus ver. 8) that is causing the problems. Now we need to fight tooth and nail with them *sigh*.

Edited by scragman

i have the same problem as u , i can t save my word document to a network drives :( my computer works on a windows vista and i have installed microsoft office 97 , i don t have the choice because i m in enterprise :(

if someone have the solution , or he will in the same situation as me

thx

split