Cheap Upgrade or not ?

D_block

here what guys i need a lil advice here, i have a cheap system running right now.

I have a Ecs 6100SM mother board

Amd athlon dualcore 4800+

1 x 1024 ddr 533 mhz ram

and a geforce 7300 LE graphics card

now my vista WEI rating is 3.0 thats becasue of the graphic card, so im studyin if it makes sense to upgrade to a better card to get my rating up to a level 4 . but although the mobo is a pci-express it only runs at 8x speeds, so im wondering if this is the reason why the graphic rating is so low or if its even contributing to it ..

so can any of you guys give me a lil insight ?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/411 <---- mother board info

post-138116-1196823000_thumb.jpg

Edited by D_block

Tweak that card a bit, and if possible unlock some shaders. I´m using a 7200GS and it’s almost the same as the 7300LE only the 7300LE has 64bit for the memory and mine just, you won’t believe it, 32bit!

Use Riva tuner to OC your core and memory setting, unlock those shaders and you could get some more decimals behind that period (don’t expect much but a +0.1/0.3 could be possible ;)).

Why are you worried about that score any way? To get a higher score you will need a directX 10 card…

i had a ati radeon before 512 mb card agp, and its rating was 4. something on a NF3 motherboard , i want to try to get my video up there, so im wondering if that will take a new board or the fact that the card is able to do more and its just being limited by the 8x pci-expres speed :unsure:

im sure i saw somewhere that you can get about 3.8 off of the card, is there some way to calculate this ?

I know, but a DX10 card will help ;).

im sure i saw somewhere that you can get about 3.8 off of the card, is there some way to calculate this ?
The only thing you can do is what I told you in my other post, just tweak it...

Why are you worried about that score any way?

Indeed. The Vista score is pointless and useless.

To get a higher score you will need a directX 10 card…

Not true. My ATi X1950 hits the max score (5.9).

But tweaking it would reduce the life the card wont it ? And also by how much :unsure: And is there also any other side effects

Might do if you overclock it a bit too much and/or if the cooling fails. A slight overclock most likely won't hurt.