unattended help

mahe06

hi

i have made unattended win xp with addons. i included all addons (ie7, wmp11, sidebar, java update3, dontnet 1, 2 , 3).

i also made custom.MSP for my office 2007 enterprise edition. i copied the office 2007 cd into the following path in the above made xp folder, $OEM$\$1\installs\applications\office2007.

i modify the orginal autorun.inf inside the office2007 folder to the following,

[autorun]

OPEN=SETUP.EXE /adminfile CUSTOM.MSP

ICON=SETUP.EXE,0

shell\configure=&Configure...

shell\configure\command=SETUP.EXE

shell\install=&Install...

shell\install\command=SETUP.EXE

since i have modified the orginal autorun file, to the above wil there be any problem while installing.?

now how to give runonce command using the nlite? in nlite there is an option to provide the runonce. but i tried hard to provide commands after reading allmost all the articles in runonce.

but i dint get the command to enter in nlite.

anyone pl provide me the run once command for my office 2007. i have attached the images of my folder. how the directory will look.

i just need runonce cpmmand to execute in nlite.

pl help.

i tried hard for several months to build this, but stucked in command?

is it necessary that all application(like nero office2007) that come thru should be coppied into $OEM$folder in the win xp directory? or can we make any other directory for application to execute runonce command using nlite?

pl help me

thank you

post-107435-1196789928_thumb.jpg

post-107435-1196789956_thumb.jpg

Also, keep in mind that via your method all installation files are first copied to your hard disk because of the use of a $OEM$ folder, afterwhich Office gets installed. It would be better to silently install Office from CD-ROM directly via RunOnceEx in my humble opinion.

Also, keep in mind that via your method all installation files are first copied to your hard disk because of the use of a $OEM$ folder, afterwhich Office gets installed. It would be better to silently install Office from CD-ROM directly via RunOnceEx in my humble opinion.

hi

thanks for your help,

i read throuly about the runonce command in unattended section, i understand about the commands.

now i have made the runonce.cmd and cleanup.cmd files by reading the unnattended section, as iam interemediate user. i follow the steps used in unattended section.

but i used $OEM$ folder because it was shown in unattended section. and also built the runonce.cmd and cleanup.cmd files and i have placed the files inside the $OEM$ folder.

do my instalation process will go correct?

do i need to enter those command(runonce.cmd) again in unnattended section of nlite cuz am using unattended using nlite?

as you said if i use $OEM$ folder the files will be copied to harddisk thnen it will install, can you please help me how to do with out copying those files to HD?

how can i do that install silently using runonce command? do i need to copy those office 2007 files into other folder except $OEM$ folder?

i really stucked here. please help me how to do it. can you post few images of silent install of office 2007. am trying hard. i have learned the runonce command but i also build the file runonce.cmd. so where should i use runonce.cmd file in xpcd. please help me.

if i copy the runonce.cmd into $OEM$ folder does xp will automatically detect the application files and install itself? where should i place the runonce.cmd file.

should i direct the runonce.cmd file in unattended section of nlite?

please help me? how to do it?

please post few pictures of making silent install of office 2007 by runonce.

that would be helpful for people who are learning

thanks for your reply

pl help i also posted the picture of the runonce inside the $OEM$folder?

please help me

post-107435-1196846673_thumb.jpg

post-107435-1196846781_thumb.jpg

Not much time at the moment for a long reply, but don't use $OEM$ folders. The content of these folders always get copied to your hard disk. Instead, create a folder named Software for example along side your I386 folder and place your installer files in there. There's a short script in the Unattended Guide which auto detects your CD-ROM drive, put that in your CMD-file which also adds all the registry keys for RunOnceEx. Simply call the installers from CD-ROM via RunOnceEx using for example silent installation parameters, transform files, et cetera. It's all there in the Unattended Guide.