Adding new RDP to SUPPORT\TOOLS

Arie

My original source contains the old Windows XP Remote Desktop Connection Software in SUPPORT\TOOLS. I would like to have this changed in the most recent version, which is I believe XPSP2 5.1.2600.2180. Can the replacement of this file be automated in the next version of HFSLIP? I can of course replace the file manually myself, but having it done automated would be a nice extra feature I believe.

My original source contains the old Windows XP Remote Desktop Connection Software in SUPPORT\TOOLS. I would like to have this changed in the most recent version, which is I believe XPSP2 5.1.2600.2180. Can the replacement of this file be automated in the next version of HFSLIP? I can of course replace the file manually myself, but having it done automated would be a nice extra feature I believe.

Well, if you are going to do this, you might as well add the web RDP, the support and deploy tools too!

HFSLIP 1.7.1rc4 introduces a new folder named REPLACE. Files and folders in REPLACE are copied into the SOURCESS folder near the end of the HFSLIP run, replacing any existing files. REPLACE replaces the FIX folder.

You can put the updated Remote Desktop Connection Client installer in REPLACE\SUPPORT\TOOLS.

For the Windows XP SP2 Support Tools, you can use the WinXP SP2 Support Tools plugin for HFSLIP I wrote some time ago, but you can now also extract the update yourself and copy the content of the update's i386 subfolder into REPLACE\SUPPORT\TOOLS so this hotfix doesn't need to be extracted each time HFSLIP is run.

For the Windows 2000 SP4 Support Tools, you are advised to use the Win2K SP4 Support Tools plugin for HFSLIP if you're slipstreaming the KB911280 hotfix. This hotfix contains an updated version of the netdiag.exe binary that exists in SUPPORT.CAB, so HFSLIP would update SUPPORT.CAB with the newer netdiag.exe. But if you place SUPPORT.CAB from the Windows 2000 SP4 Support Tools update in REPLACE\SUPPORT\TOOLS, the SUPPORT.CAB which HFSLIP has created will be overwritten again. This won't happen when using the plugin.

@Tomcat76

the Win2K SP4 Support Tools plugin for HFSLIP

The Link connects to, no W2K related tool there. ;)

It´s short to christmas, so (to MS):

Wish there was an option, to update the "support folder" completely, because there is so much useful stuff in there (dependency walker, reg.exe, deployment.doc, mslayer.exe,...).

Wish there will be an official W2K SP5. (still 2.5 years "extended support")

Agi

Have a nice 2´nd Advent

Oops... I posted the wrong link in my previous post. Should be correct now. You can find the download link for the Win2K SP4 Support Tools update itself in the same thread.

Please remove the HFSLIP_PRE_KB838079.CMD plugin as it's for the WinXP SP2 Support Tools.