Driver install problems

NoisySniper

Downloaded newest drivers and integrate them in vLite, but get error on unsigned driver. This is Catalyst 7.11 & creative X-fi gamer, Tried to grab drivers and use those, but same error. When drivers are installed manually, there is no error. Is there a way around this - in vLite?

Edited by NoisySniper

I'll check that, it's about the INF files, some uneeded one is trying to apply, nothing to worry about but it is annoying.

You can deny the popup in this case.

Btw are you sure that it's wise to integrate x-fi driver, it has those Creative addon processes which are best installed after install, at least that's how it was in XP.

I integrate X-Fi XtremeMusic and works just fine, you do get 1 popup asking to trust creative to install some software (not like the normal unsigned popup like on AC97 Drivers). I integrate the drivers from ATI Catalyst and they instegrate fine too except sometimes the screen goes blank and stays blank to the end of the install, but dont think i have that problem anymore.

Edited by legolash2o

It's not a big problem, I normally install ATI control panel and creative apps after install and installing the drivers at the same time is OK, but it is nice to have everything working when the install is finished. I did two packages, one with just apply and another with rebuild. The "rebuild package" was the one with error, the "apply package" did not show this error.

When i build packages in vLite on a computer with Vista, it often gives an error, and if I play music while using vLite, it crashes the computer (freezes), (and twice I had to reinstall the catalyst driver! :o ).... But when i use XP it works perfectly.

This must be a Vista problem, but I cannot find out what the problem is. I have a brand new Abit IX38 QUADGT MB, 4Gb RAM and 2x2600HD (crossfire).

Edit: The screen went blank with me too on the last install....

Edited by NoisySniper