Blue Screen of Death

BombaTwist

bah, i hate BSOD's, ultimately they make no sense to anyone, best way is to just eliminate hardware/software fault, then norrow down to the specific software or hardware that causes it.

With BSOD's most the time people say RAM!, not always the case.

bah, i hate BSOD's, ultimately they make no sense to anyone

Speak for yourself ;)

i have tried safe mode but not vga mode. safe mode worked fine.

So we know a driver is causing it then, and since safe mode doesn't load the video driver, that's likely it. In looking at the dump, the next call after the win32k.sys "watchdog" function will be a call into ati2dvag!DrvGetDirectDrawInfo, which is failing.

Either you have a bad video card, or the driver itself is messed up.

i really hope its the drivers. I think it is the drivers since, i had to reinstall the drivers like 5 times to get the Catalyst Control Center to load because for some reason they wouldn't load after i used the Driver Cleaner Pro.

i'm not in the mood to have to go through headaches trying to get the card replaced. ><

I'm planning on doing a reformat at the end of this week and hopefully all problems will be solved.

..., or the driver itself is messed up.
I’m almost sure after reinstalling Windows there will be no problems... There must be some leftovers hanging around.

Sure, because when you reinstall, you usually put on the latest driver. :)

The post immediately prior had it right, I'll bet - bad driver or bad card.

No no, it’s not that sure you have to use the latest driver, don’t get me wrong here bluescreens, but something else could be messed up besides the driver.

BombaTwist,

Try the drivers without the ATI control centre installed.

Also, the ATI control centre relies on .NET, so reinstalling .NET 1.1 and 2.0 could fix the problem too.

so far so good. [:

i reformatted last night and redownloaded my games because i ran out of space in my external hd lol.

i played some cs:source again earlier today for about an hour and so far no problems. [:

I'll repost if something comes up again, thanks you guys :thumbup

could be a ram problem. you OCed at all?

I agree, STOP: 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA more often is a RAM problem.

That's why you can't just lower your RAM latencies and expect them to work properly.

Especially during bootup, that stop error code means incompatible RAM, a bad RAM slot, RAM OC'ed too much or bad RAM.

Because of the stuff I have been hearing at ocforums.com, if you have Micron D9 RAM chips, probably failing RAM.

It appears that Micron needs to get sued, because of not testing their RAM properly!

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

hehe, i should sue so i can get me some money to buy a new comp ^^. haha jk.

I do have a corsair 512mb pc3200 and a 512mb pc2700 from an emachine. i should probably replace the pc2700 one.

well looks like i have no more issues! [: i can play games as long as i want and open/close them without any BSODs. [:

thanks again guys!

I hope you're not trying to run them in dual channel mode. :)

If so, that could be causing unknown problems as well. Your system may seem to be running fine now but that doesn't mean it'll stay that way with the mixed RAM. I don't even like mixing sticks in non-dual channel systems. :)