22" Lcd Monitor

ripken204

right now, 22" 16:9 screens are the sweet spot in the industry. If you want a larger display (wider??) go with a good panel that has a very narrow frame, get 2-3 of them sitting next to each other, and use a multi-monitor video card from Matrox to build your desktop.

No one does multi-monitor and stretched desktops better than Matrox. Both ATi and nVidia do it, but not not as well. Their focus is on getting the last single-digit percentage of performance out of a 3D chipset, Matrox builds cards that perform at about 95% of ATi and nVidia but have rock solid drivers and multi-monitor support.

Edited by newsposter

The way I see it. If you are going to buy local at a Bestbuy. Buy the monitor, take it home and give it a try. From what I know they will let you return it within X amount of days if you're not happy with it. Double check on their return policy. If you were doing this online at newegg or your choice here. I would do all the research I could before ordering.

Given the option to take it home and then return it if needed. I call this buy and try.

I know most will not agree with this. Then again, if we all agreed on everything then we wouldn't be here now would we.

For TVs, yes. But for monitors they decided on 16:10 for some reason.

See the attached image for a graphical representation of the different video standards (which includes the aspect ratio for each resolution). Also note that the image has been reduced to 50% of it's original size and converted to a GIF due to the file size limits of the forum.

post-31126-1196963630_thumb.jpg