A new theme for LameSkin...now in it's 4th version...

Dblake1

Dblake1, I don't know how to use imageshack. I uploaded a screenshot there but don't know what to do with the links on the next page. So I uploaded it again on Rapidshare. I hope you don't mind it.

The pink at the round corners has gone. But look at the Apply button on the screenshot after I pressed it. I am not sure what it is. This happens to most of the buttons which I can't press on. Does it happen to you?

I must tell you again that I am not a good tester. When you modify your theme, just concentrate on the bugs, Dblake1. You should have ignored my own ideas of what I like and dislike. I was surprised when seeing you have changed these buttons: OK, Apply, Cancel. They look nice but are you sure other people will like these new ones? What about you? Do you prefer them to the old ones?

I want to say a little more about the pink round corners. Actually, they happen to many lameskins that have round corners. Not sure if other people have the same problem or not. How do I fix this? By pressing F5, or by resizing the resizable windows a little (Note: it didn't work with your old theme). Or if I feel tired of doing that, I'll modify the .bmp images in the theme folders. Just by cutting off all the round corners and making them all square! How rude I am! I did the same with your old theme! I want you to know that I don't take these bugs seriously at all. Just make your theme as best as you feel like. I'll keep trying your theme if you keep releasing it. But, I'll always change it to fit my likes!

Take it easy, Dblake1. And take care, too.

PS. Reading again my post makes me feel that I am very rude!

Edit: deleting link.

Edited by Aloha

Aloha, could you post your modifications of the buttons?

Are you kidding Dblake1? I thought you would make some modifications then post them here. I haven't done anything with your buttons yet. You see, I don't want to be a rude person! In fact, when I don't like something in a theme, I will replace it with something else I like from another one. A mixture, I think. I am not qualified to create anything new. Sorry I didn't tell you clearly about that.

As for your old theme, I made the corners a little square to get rid of the pink and I was somewhat used to its strange buttons. That is the reason why I felt surprised when you changed them into the new ones!

Do anyone know where i can find some new themes, maybe vista or xp themes so i can add them to windows98se and when i go to the control panel and click on themes, those themes will be there?

Also, is there a easy way to install them?

I still have the same themes that ship with this OS, i would like to use more, but some of them which i came across are hard to install or either i don't know how to install them lol

Dblake1, I am not sure if any of the available buttons can suit your theme. So I did some simple changes to your own buttons. And I also replace your progress chunk with another one. I got it from an XP theme, not making it. I won't interfere into your theme any more! I don't know why I kept thinking of the word Lameskin when I applied these buttons to your theme!

U2kforever, have you tried Uberskin yet? There's some information on the first page of the Uberskin thread, telling you how to apply themes. And go here for themes:

http://www.msfn.org/board/ThemePack-lamesk...es-t106842.html

Edited by Aloha