[Release] QuickTime Alternative & QT Lite v2.7.0

johndoe74

QuickTime Alternative & QT Lite v2.7.0

Overview:

QuickTime Alternative/Lite is a trimmed down version of QuickTime that contains only the essential components needed for playing QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages.

Advantages of QuickTime Alternative/Lite are:

• Quick and easy install
  • Ability to make an unattended installation
  • No background processes
  • No unwanted stuff and other nonsense
  • Smaller size

Media Player Classic and ZoomPlayer are capable of playing QuickTime files by using the QuickTime framework that gets installed by QuickTime Alternative. Other players require DirectShow filters to be able to play QuickTime files.

If you want to play QuickTime files in Windows Media Player or another DirectShow based player, then it is recommended to install the K-Lite Codec Pack that contains all the DirectShow filters that are required to play QuickTime files.

Difference between QuickTime Alternative and QT Lite:

QuickTime Alternative has the same contents as QT Lite. The only difference is that QT Lite does not contain Media Player Classic.

Changelog (common for both QuickTime Alternative and QT Lite)

v2.6.2 -> 2.7.0 | (2008-09-10)

• Updated QuickTime components to version 7.55.90.70

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Download QuickTime Alternative

File size :: 10.76 MB (11,282,370 bytes)

MD5 :: F777C110A56E113054B3694092518E6D

Main :: ifile.it

Mirror :: midload

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Download QT Lite

File size :: 9.36 MB (9,818,006 bytes)

MD5 :: 5694ACAB77FDFBB1665E86AF4B4B1EE3

Main :: ifile.it

Mirror :: midload

Edited by johndoe74

• 4 weeks later...

QuickTime Alternative & QT Lite v2.6.0

Download QuickTime Alternative

File size :: 12.76 MB (13,376,162 bytes)

MD5 :: A236779030F3884B776DD1CB94843CAC

Main :: Uploading

Mirror :: Badongo

Download QT Lite

File size :: 11.38 (11,931,950 bytes)

MD5 :: 273680D3A28B8071F51E83224A7B3967

Main :: Uploading

Mirror :: Badongo

Edited by johndoe74

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hello, i would like to try this addon.. however, i was wondering if you could tell me if yours will also put the appropriate Firefox plugin files in their respective directories?

I can't answer your question, but the time it has cost you to write your reaction, you could have created a silent, self-extracting package yourself for this application ;) By heart I believe /silent does the trick.

hello, i would like to try this addon.. however, i was wondering if you could tell me if yours will also put the appropriate Firefox plugin files in their respective directories?

I can't answer your question, but the time it has cost you to write your reaction, you could have created a silent, self-extracting package yourself for this application ;) By heart I believe /silent does the trick.

umm no it couldnt. you dont know anything about me or what i had available at the time of asking that question. thats why i asked about it. but thanks for the sarcastic reply. wow, this is some welcome reception i've had here on this forum. i think i'll just keep to my regular forums where people actually are HELPFUL and not rude about simple questions i ask.

usually most of this addons are silent installers that will be installed from svcpack or from runonce.

so to answer your question...if the original installer adds the firefox plugin then this one will tooo.

Publisher's Description:
QT Lite is a lightweight version of QuickTime. Contains only the essential components required for playing QuickTime videos in your favorite web browser.

ps

to all of u

please dont flame here .....if u have something personal keep it on PM.

thank you.

Edited by boooggy

umm no it couldnt. you dont know anything about me or what i had available at the time of asking that question. thats why i asked about it. but thanks for the sarcastic reply. wow, this is some welcome reception i've had here on this forum. i think i'll just keep to my regular forums where people actually are HELPFUL and not rude about simple questions i ask.

I didn't mean my reply rude, hence I included a smiley in my message. Written text can always "sound" different than how it's intended. Smilies can therefore be used to show that something isn't meant in a bad way. I was in fact trying to help. It took me less than five minutes to download QT Lite 2.3.0 and to create a silent installer package for it and by creating it myself I'm not dependent on anyone. Once again I don't mean all this in a bad way, I'm only trying to be of service. My reaction was almost correct; the following is the correct command:

qtlite230.exe /VERYSILENT

I hope that you'll see that I'm trying to help, not trying to rude. My apologies if I did sound rude, but please note the smiley in my previous message.

well when i registered here i made 3 posts that day. when i came back later, i saw that you made a comment in each one of those, seemingly dogging me about something. basically saying something along the lines of 'why would you want to do it that way, my way is better'. not everyone has infinite knowledge about stuff like this.

hi ccl0, please don't be offended because Arie can't keep his smartass attitude in check. don't judge the entire forum based on his replies. anyways, boooggy already answered your question so I hope that helped. keep coming back. we're eager to help :)

no offence intended Arie but you have to realize some people may be new at stuff which you may be an expert at. just be patient and try to be as helpful as you can in a nice way. if you can't, let somebody else handle it :)

Edited by johndoe74

I replied that I didn't mean my reply in a bad way. I also apologised for the way my reply could have come across. I didn't mean to be a smartass, I meant my reply funny, hence the smiley. If "ccl0" doesn't accept my apology, then there is nothing I can do about it. I'm only trying to help and I believe that I did above. :unsure: