Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

maveric73ph

Windows File Protection popups...

:blushing:

I don't know if I am posting this on the right place. But I am recently having trouble with my new Windows 2003 STD UACD. It keeps on popping out that Windows File Protection box whenever I install or attach new drivers for sound, video card, printers and USB drives.

I don't integrate drivers and I am using nilte 1.4 final.

Also I can see on the setuperr.log about SFCFILES.DLL "Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\sfcfiles.dll] is not signed properly

by Microsoft. This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.

Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file."

--- though IMO this is normal for nlite.

I am attaching a copy of nlite's ini preset:

Win2K3_SP2.ini

I don't use nLite myself, but I believe you can choose to disable the system file protection, which should solve your problem.

I don't use nLite myself, but I believe you can choose to disable the system file protection, which should solve your problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. But may I know how you do your UACD? what integration tool do you use (or do you use one)? I assume that you do not experience the same WFP problem I have.

Thanks for the suggestion. But may I know how you do your UACD? what integration tool do you use (or do you use one)? I assume that you do not experience the same WFP problem I have.

I used to integrate hotfixes manually, but recently switched to HFSLIP for integrating hotfixes as it does what I would normally do myself, so I don't lose much control over my project. I apply tweaks via registry scripts, I create my own switchless silent installers, et cetera. I like to be in control ;)

maveric73ph, you're using some addons, I would start by eliminating those in the test.

If you still get the popup then I'll try the preset without the addons.

Thanks for the suggestion nuhi. I tried eliminating one addon at a time. It seems that the IE7 addon was causing it. Oh well, IE6 will do since IE7 is out of the list. I use Firefox anyway.

Oh but you can try nLite's own IE7 integration of the installer itself, not the addon.