What file is responsable for these screens

blackmodder

Found it, who want to have the list it will find me on yahoo messenger at ethys_mallerned.

You should post the info in the thread instead, makes it easier for more people to get it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ USER ACCOUNT SCREEN File Source LIST~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Created by Blackmodder a.k.a Aries or Nicola Radu on 16 January 2008 at 02:14 AM

These files are used at the user account creation screens, after XP install's, and at some little tutorials.

They are all in the E:/I386 directory of your "Microsoft XP" disc , where E:/ is the name of your

CD\DVD -ROM\RAM drive.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATTENTION !!! Copy them onto a folder on your hard disk (or partition) if you want to modify

them. Directly from CD\DVD you'll not be able to edit them because they're read-only, and it's not

accepting writing operations.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Images used on the screens:

btn1.gi_

btn2.gi_

btn3.gi_

backup.jp_

backover.jp_

backdown.jp_

backoff.jp_

cloapp.gi_

cloapph.gi_

cnt.gi_

cntd.gi_

cnth.gi_

dialup.gi_

exclam.gi_

merlin.gi_

nextup.jp_

nextover.jp_

nextdown.jp_

nextoff.jp_

greenshd.gi_

grn_btn.gi_

redshd.gi_

Skipup.jp_

Skipover.jp_

Skipdown.jp_

Skipoff.jp_

vidsamp.gi_

Web Pages (Html) used for hold images and informations (txt).

welcome.ht_

activ.ht_

activate.ht_

activerr.ht_

activsvc.ht_

autoupdt.ht_

badeula.ht_

badkey.ht_

compname.ht_

contents.ht_

fini.ht_

ident2.ht_

jndomain.ht_

jndom_a.ht_

miglist.ht_

prodkey.ht_

safemode.ht_

security.ht_

tip.ht_

timezone.ht_

tsweb1.ht_

username.ht_

welcome.ht_

wmptour.ht_

But, those backgrounds only spidermannet4@yahoo.com , or moomamax@yahoo.com knows how to add. Please contact him and see which files are responssible with them.

P.S and for late i want to tell that I went in a new town, and untill i moved all the things, stuff , etc even my PC it past a while. Please don't get upset on me.

Oh.. and You should know something...

Copy the following codes into a new text document and after that save each one with " .bat " extension. I used for renaming expanded files, that preserve the original name :

ex: if you expand a file, let's say "something.JP_" it still remain with the same name, only the size is increasing when you type something like :

""C:\XPCD\ expand *.JP_ C:\XPCD2\ "" in a CMD window.

Here is your code :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@echo off
ren *.JP_ *.JPG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may put whetever extension did you wish in place of JP_ and JPG tags. Examples.. HT_ it will become HTM, GI_ will become GIF, etc, etc...

Hope I helped. Ohh, and for those who knows how to save in .bat after it was written in .txt open a "MyComputer" window (Explorer.exe or Win + E) point to "Tools "and then go to "Folder Options" (even from Control Panel if you still don't find it) and after this go at "View" tab, and in that list search for "Hide Extensions For Known File Types". If it's marked, unmark it. Press apply, then oki, and you should see the changes.

I have also uploaded a few batch scripts..sorry if I mistake with their names, my first language isn't english, soo I do not spell too well.

Feel free to download them and edit, for see how are created.

Please the advanced users, don't come up with critics, only with help, because this comunnity it was created for helping each others.

Thank You, Blackmodder 2008.

batch_scripts.zip

Hi, I suggest taking a look at the files in your %SystemRoot%\System32\oobe\images folder, regarding the first two screenshots - keep in mind that it forms the background image by displaying multiple images, it isn't just one...

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by Selena

Hi, I suggest taking a look at the files in your %SystemRoot%\System32\oobe\images folder, regarding the first two screenshots - keep in mind that it forms the background image by displaying multiple images, it isn't just one...

EDIT: Typo.

"%SystemRoot%\System32\oobe\images" ,Thank you, this is usefull for searching faster which file it is responssible,but I find those posted upthere directly from source code on html pages posted there, in a harder way than you find, but I wanna modify compressed files, not uncompressed ones. For what I need to modify uncompressed where XP never use them and crash ?!?.

So, here we speak about files like backdown.gi_ ..... not bacdown.GIF, because the XP will never use them in a uncompressed form.

Anyway, thank's for share, it is a really good find.

P.S - What is the opposite command of expand ? I tried shrink, defract,makecab compress.exe from Pixelcart and it never compress me any file. On google I found only what's I usualy expect, only dead links and with none answer.

Edited by blackmodder

Those are the files that XP used, they're exactly the same ones, but expanded and renamed already... just make the changes working with those files, compress them using "makecab filename" (opposite of expand) and replace the originals in the \i386 folder of the source.

EDIT: During the first oobe run, it uses the files mslogo.jpg (top logo), newbtmX.jpg (bottom background), newmarkX.jpg (center background), newtopX.jpg (top background, mslogo.jpg is overlayed). I do not know for sure whether it uses the "1" set (newbtm1.jpg, newmark1.jpg, newtop1.jpg) or the "8" set.

While you are at it, the Windows Product Activation (oobe.exe /a) backgrounds can also be modified there, the file names being wpaback.jpg, wpabtm.jpg, wpaflag.jpg, wpakey.jpg, wpatop.jpg

It seems the setup text can be modified by editting \i386\usetup.exe with a resources editor.

Edited by Selena

It seems the setup text can be modified by editting \i386\usetup.exe with a resources editor.

Great find, but you can also modify the text directly from htm_ pages. Off course they must be expanded first and then with makecab.exe compressed again, and putted onto I386 root. But \i386\usetup.exe is also a nice find. Thank you. You did a great job.

:rolleyes::thumbup