SATA driver problem of the year.

dragunov10

First i must say problem is solved.

the first problem was some virus

second was no internet connection

third floppy drive broken (every 5 times he would boot sata driver)

fourth and final (bug) nlite doesnt copy sata drivers from floppy on first "windows copy" on hard drive it just loads them so you can format hdd

and then some error on copy-ing files (example viasataraid.sys, viasataraid.inf error )

after four long hours

i came up with this

Boot windows from CD so called "Bart PE" or MiniPE

simply copy viasataraid.inf to c:\windows\inf

and viasataraid.sys to c:\windows\system32\drivers\

reboot system take out miniPE and let the install continue

(if miniPE doesnt load sata drivers then you should insert sata floppy into drive A:)

all this can be resolved by inserting sata drivers into unattended install (but in my case that was like 50 km from first nlite)

i dont want anyone to have this problem its soooooooooo fu. up

Cya Bye

Pozdrav svima koji razumiju!!!

Thanks for your report, but I cannot see the reason, why you posted your "big" and obviously solved problem into this nLite forum.

1. Your experience is not the "PROBLEM OF THE YEAR". There are much bigger ones in the world.

2. What has a computer virus, a missing internet connection and broken floppy drives to do with nLite?

3. I doubt, that the failure of copying some driver files from a floppy drive during the Windows Setup is a bug of nLite. If you are using an nLited OS CD, you should not do the F6/floppy method, but integrate the drivers into the bootable CD. That works!

Thanks for your report, but I cannot see the reason, why you posted your "big" and obviously solved problem into this nLite forum.

1. Your experience is not the "PROBLEM OF THE YEAR". There are much bigger ones in the world.

2. What has a computer virus, a missing internet connection and broken floppy drives to do with nLite?

3. I doubt, that the failure of copying some driver files from a floppy drive during the Windows Setup is a bug of nLite. If you are using an nLited OS CD, you should not do the F6/floppy method, but integrate the drivers into the bootable CD. That works!

1. im sure there is and i had much biger ones (like motherboard gone in flames when i connected 1KW PSU LOL)

2. virus was on the comp. before formating hard drive, after format i couldnt download nlite cause WOW there was no system lol

3. sure its a bug that cannot copy files from floppy during first "BLUE SCREEN WINDOWS COPY" (before first reboot) (but in some miracle he loaded

drivers from floppy and formated hdd)

sure i could integrate sata drivers but there is no need for that (in normal conditions) cause flashing Bios on that MB solves sata driver issues

i was in the woods like 50km from town and couldnt download bios

im working in Computer Shop in service department i own MCP MCSA MCSE certificates so i dont need advice.

p.s. this post was more like problem solving than help needed.

this is a very LOL LMAO story.

Wow dude, no offence, but your certificate does not need to mean anything. And I'm sure you need a couple advice related to nLite. Since final version, nLite works like a charm, so it's problem on your side. I also see that you have low knowledge of English, which is highly needed to understand things related to nLite or anything related to the computers. And, Floppy? :lol: That's very old and unreliable.

Cheers ;)

Wow dude, no offence, but your certificate does not need to mean anything. And I'm sure you need a couple advice related to nLite. Since final version, nLite works like a charm, so it's problem on your side. I also see that you have low knowledge of English, which is highly needed to understand things related to nLite or anything related to the computers. And, Floppy? :lol: That's very old and unreliable.

Cheers ;)

no offence taken

yeah i have some problems with writing english cause i live in non english area but i understand english perfectly (owner of nlite should understand my

language cause he is from bosnia and im from croatia)

my certificates are like 6 months old xp, 2003 server.

and something else on first MCP = Microsoft Certified Profesional you learn how to create unattended win. boot cd (but there are some things that nlite

can do and microsoft says you cant in their lessons)

ALSO MICROSOFT SAYS YOU CANT RUN WINDOWS XP ON 64 MB OF RAM THAT IS NOT TRUE

TRUE IS THAT YOU CANT "INSTALL" WINDOWS XP ON 64 MB RAM

BUT SURE YOU CAN RUN IT ON ALMOST ANY PROC. AND ALMOST ANY RAM BUT IT WILL TAKE A WHILE (you can make a test install win. with 128 ram

and pull out 64 or what ever and restart whala it works)

yeah floppy so ....

i downloaded nlite (like 2 months ago) and didnt update ... and that must be it

if you have some other questions this is my MSN marin.ilic@gmail.com

Edited by dragunov10

BUT SURE YOU CAN RUN IT ON ALMOST ANY PROC. AND ALMOST ANY RAM BUT IT WILL TAKE A WHILE (you can make a test install win. with 128 ram

Off topic, but 3-4 years ago I installed XP on an old 660 MHz (overclocked) Pentium III, and then took out all but the original 32 MB that it came with. Ouch!

Windows used to be able to be installed with 64 MB (that was the minimum requirement when it came out), but they must've changed that to 128 MB after SP2, eh?

Take care,

Off topic, but 3-4 years ago I installed XP on an old 660 MHz (overclocked) Pentium III, and then took out all but the original 32 MB that it came with. Ouch!

Windows used to be able to be installed with 64 MB (that was the minimum requirement when it came out), but they must've changed that to 128 MB after SP2, eh?

Take care,

Uff my bad i got things all mixed up

minimum requirement is 64mb ram with 233 MHz proc. recomended is 128 mb with 300MHz

but it works with 133 MHz proc and 32 mb ram (IF YOU DONT RUN INSTALL)

you just need to change HDD that has allready winxp installed on slower machine and it works

i tryed that so it works 100%

yeah i have some problems with writing english cause i live in non english area but i understand english perfectly (owner of nlite should understand my

language cause he is from bosnia and im from croatia)

As far as I know Nuhi is also from Croatia.

Cheers ;)