Is It Legal To Sell My XP Home Edition Product Key On Ebay?

MountainFire77

Hi Guys,

I have recently been able to attain 2 XP Home Edition Product Keys Which Are Not Tied up to any laptop or PC, but the thing is, is that i havent got the original CD for XP Home Edition, but i have a copy on CD-R.

My question for you guys is would it be legal to sell the valid product keys with the copied CD-R on ebay?

I am not sure and would be great if i could as could use the cash at the moment...

Many Thanks

Mike

The bits are the intelectual property of Microsoft and you cannot sell a CD-R. If you are bound by the SBLA or EULA you cannot transfer the keys without the media. If you are not bound by the SBLA or EULA you can sell the keys but the purchaser would not be licensed to use them.

How did you get these keys? What type of keys are they?

There are a couple things involved in this. One is are they OEM or Retail. The other thing is that a license has to be distributed with media. If it is OEM their may be options to obtain media, but OEM can only be sold with the device it came with. If these are unopened OEM kits they can be sold, but unopened OEM kits would have media. It sounds like these would not be legal to resell. Hope this clears things up some.