Simple ReadyBoost Question

agoodfella

For those who are familiar with Vista's ReadyBoost, quick question: is my computer supposed to recognize my SD card designated for ReadyBoost everytime I load my computer or wake it from Sleep?

Because although my computer recognizes my designated card once I insert it, after I reboot, I have to take it out and re-insert for my computer to recognize it again. Can I set this up so my computer can recognize it automatically or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

It should recognize it every time you reboot or resume from sleep - if it isn't, perhaps the controller driver for the SD slot isn't presenting the card right away, or isn't loading properly (or quiclkly enough) to allow it to recognize the card. It almost sounds as if the SD card, on resume or reboot, doesn't present that there's actually a card in there to Vista.

It should recognize it every time you reboot or resume from sleep - if it isn't, perhaps the controller driver for the SD slot isn't presenting the card right away, or isn't loading properly (or quiclkly enough) to allow it to recognize the card. It almost sounds as if the SD card, on resume or reboot, doesn't present that there's actually a card in there to Vista.

Many thanks for your reply. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks again

Well, if it's not an internal card reader, try it in another machine (if you can) first to see if it's really a hardware problem, or just a problem on that one PC (I've seen SD cards that work fine on one machine cause issues or not work at all on another)...