Boot Disc Problems

mikey5194

Well, i have and Windows Xp computer, with a 20g Hard Drive. Every time i turn it on it Hangs At "verifying DMI pool data" Then next to that peice of text it says "BOOT FROM CD: DISC BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISC

So, i put in my xp boot disc which i made on the pc by formatting it to an ms-dos start-up disc and adding the two extra files, (NTDETECT and NTLDR)

So, Now It Says,

starting...

A:\>mode con codepage prepare =((850) ega.cpi)

MODE prepare code page function completed

A:\>mode con codepage select=850

MODE select code page function completed

A:\>keyb uk,,keybrd2.sys

A:\>

A:\>

And that is all it does, i can hold CTRL+F8 and it will ask me all the same questions but i have to awnser them with Y or N

i was thinking that my boot disc might be wrong, or not have all the required files on it.

But, i'm not sure myself, so i have posted my problem on the forums, hoping that someone could try to offer some help, so, if you could, lend me your thouhts.

Thanks.

Mikey5194.

i was thinking that my boot disc might be wrong

Well, ...your boot disk boots :thumbup ...what else are you expecting it to do ?

If you want to repairing an XP on the hard drive, first check if it is recognized in Bios and properly set in boot order. Also tell us if anything was changed before first failure to start.

Well, it boots, but when it boots the pc is supposed to load up, right? But it doesnt even do that!

There is nothing changed since the last failure to start, i know how to access the menu, where all the bios and things are, but what do i change them to?

I really need help, i cant think of anything to do, and i'm only a begginer!

Please help me people, i'm am at despair!

Thanks.

Mikey5194.

I know how to access the menu, where all the bios and things are, but what do i change them to?

Check in those menu that the Hard Disk is recognized. If not, you'll have to open the box and check both signal and power cables to that Hard Disk. If still not... then you are out of luck.

If it is recognized, then you'll have to check the "Boot order" (or boot devices) and check the HDD is at a good place. Seing your 1st post, there is nothing to check after failing booting from CD.