First Geforce 9800GTX Picture?

ben100014

OMG, 1gb ddr4 ram, puntomx you're right, that will lighten up anyone's wallet!! i don't think i'll be getting that...

i think that's the most heatpipes i've ever seen on a stock cooler.

EDIT: and google tells me that this is a release of the 9800 by sparkle, and their calibre cooling. so not a stock cooler i guess.

here's the actual article (just in case) http://branev.blogspot.com/2007/08/new-nvi...e-9-series.html

one thing that's confusing me...

- built in Audio Chip.

ok.. never heard that one before...

Edited by clidx

- built in Audio Chip.

ok.. never heard that one before...

A few years ago the plan was released to use all that raw calculation power of the GPU to do some CPU tasks and sound calculations (ADC/DAC). But average motherboards already came with an onboard sound chip so I guess they, nVidia and ATI, kept there ideas for there self...

Nvidia had said there will be no high end refreshes soon so I doubt that is a legit picture.

Which is sad, ATI/AMD has been floundering so nvidia decides to take a rest and not produce any new technology. This newer generation of games could really use a boost in horsepower and after my experience with SLI in the geforce 7 series I'm not about to try it again. Especially when a matching video card would cost me $550 for something as old as the 8800GTX currently is, over a year at this point. For a video card to remain top of the line for over a year is just sad.

Edited by arctirus

lol, they dont need more customers or money. that is the whole point! they released their 8800series a year before ati had anything out. they have built a large customer base, the 8800series has proven itself. and the latest ati series is about equal with the 8800series, so unless ati comes out with a beast for cheap, nvidia will hold off.

The latest ati is good for a midrange card. It is nowhere near what Nvidia has in terms of the GTX or the Ultra. Hence no reason for a new gpu setup. Also in SLI every game out there barring Crysis which has very nacent SLI support and drivers coming out for SLI every few week and a forthcoming SLI patch for it...surely there is no need for a new graphics card right now. Nvidia knows that.

The latest ati is good for a midrange card. It is nowhere near what Nvidia has in terms of the GTX or the Ultra.

Doesn’t matter, ATI or nVidia have almost the same marketing techniques, so they release first the most popular cards. I’ll be happy if my 19" widescreen would be connected to an ATI 3850 for less then 200 USD. 2 of those in Crossfire and they knock hard against nVidias "high-end" desktop cards for les cash ;).