Vista and Intel 915GM GPU

Batfinks

im not after aero or any candy, all im after is a blinking optimized driver for the GPU

hes my story, just bought 2 new laptops (4 months old) and there HP 510 centrino 770 models (2.13gig) + (1gig memory)

both xp and vista runs like a dream with them, needless to say nice and fast.

drivers for laptops for both OS's are there except the Intel 915GM onboard GPU which is bog standard generic driver from MS for vista.

the problem is, its not optimized for gaming, im aware Intel will not release a WDDM driver for the chipset, but why the hell cant there release a driver to allow it to function correctly within vista.

the GPU on the laptop plays all the games my son plays and plays them more than well enough.

im not after aero candy just a full functional GPU !

has anyone found a way or a driver that is optimized for gaming on this Intel GPU ?

thankyou.

the GPU on the laptop plays all the games my son plays and plays them more than well enough.

im not after aero candy just a full functional GPU !

So it plays all the games you currently want it to but you still want different drivers? sorry i am confused, is it the second laptop having the issues?

sorry i should of been more clear with my comments,

games he plays are UT2004/Cs/Quake3 and they all run perfectly on xp

but under vista theres what i can only describe as ingame lag, even when not playing a game and just generally browsing and moving windows around on the desktop hes getting lag moving the windows about asif the GPU driver wasn't even installed.

(asif you just installed xp and not installed the gfx driver) thats type of lag if you understand.

im aware Vista installs for 915GM GPU chipsets a XPDM driver due to intel not doing the WDDM driver by default. but why the hell cant they release a optimized driver for the chipset GPU even if it isn't going to be WDDM driver verified.

hope this explains things slightly better.

am after a desent driver or something that will help resolve it thankyou.

btw system (laptop is very fast using vista business x86) so its not that it cannot handle it, it can and does very well.