MCE Updates

Hey all,

I am making a custom MCE disc for myself with integrated drives from all 4 of my systems. I have a few questions though:

I want to get as many updates as I can, for this I have been using nlite and ryanvm's update pack. Is this the best option?

Is there still no way to integrate the MCE app updates/rollups? Is my only option to have them install during the os installation?

I heard that there were some problems integrating an earlier (Pre-beta?) version of SP3 and not being able to get some mce updates/rollups, but there have been a few SP3 releases since then, so is there still problems? I tried doing a search but coudn't find any new information on this.

Not sure if anyone can answer this one, but is it likely the final build of SP3 will contain all the MCE updates/rollups as well?

Thanks,

Palmtree

Ryanvm's update pack is one of the best update integration suite...

MCE app updates/rollups should be installed using RunOnce method.

and about XPSP3..I have not tried yet...Im waiting for final release.

You can find all information about integration and unattended installation here (Click Me)

Thanks for the help guys. I wasn't aware that the updates could be slipstreamed, i'll have to check this out when I make my next disc.

I have another question regarding the MCE updates. I installed the updates from this post here not realizing that the post is outdated. I remember having more media center updates to install once I installed these, but I don't have access to the system anymore and I don't know exactly which updates were needed. Is there a more current list of media center updates somewhere?

Actually before I finish this post, is there a way I can get the tablet pc skin and energy bliss visualization for windows media player 10 integrated on the cd or would my best bet to use some $OEM$ folder trickery?

I realize the second part of this post belongs in the unattended section, but I'm at work and don't really have time to make another post.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the help!

http://users.telenet.be/tc76/winup/_winxpsp2.html

Make sure that the "Show updates for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005" and "Show optional updates not covered individually above" boxes are checked, and you'll have your hotfix list (including MCE updates), and this was updated on 2007-11-21 as of this posting. If you decide to use HFSLIP to create your next MCE CD, this page tells you what files you need and in what folders they will go, based on what updates you check that you want installed or integrated.

I strongly recommend HFSLIP - it's not the prettiest package, but it's the one I find the most powerful and provides the most hands-off installs of the tools I have used in the past.