#14 F-Prot

#15 PC Tools AntiVirus

#16 ViRobot

#17 WinAntiVirus

N/A CyberScrub AntiVirus

N/A The Shield Antivirus

N/A Windows OneCare Live

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

check this link its very usefull, its good to know why each rank above the other an if its worth spending the money

It's not top antivirus for 2008,it' 2007 years.

Choice a anti-viurs software ,we willpay attention to which is the safest, fastest, smallest,cheapest?

I think Today’s best anti-virus software come with multiple virus scans, allowing you to schedule scans in advance, giving you access to a variety of location-specific scans and even real-time scanning, which scan your computer every few minutes for viruses—stopping them before they can do damage.

So the top antiviurs is disavailable,choice you a anti-viurs software which you like.

Forrest

Brothersoft Support

I posted the URL for the webpage i got this info for but one reason, its because they gave some very usefull info on each of the antivirus listed.when you do look at it you will realize if it is worth going for the "best" etc. from what ive seen here 2008 is a good yr for antivirus.

im running norton 2008 now, its running much lighter than the 07 version, its also rated # 7 on the list , now if u look closely to the info available, you will realize one out rates the other by how often its updated or its backward compatibility for old OS's

it makes good reading,

The question I have is what antivirus software this is based on. Many Antivirus has different options for business users. For instance the enterprise versions of Symantec software are better then the home use (norton) products. Based on feedback we have gotten from network deployment users, Kaspersky has been a huge favorite of late. Trend Micro and Symantec also seem to be very well recieved by our customers. I would prefer to see listings based on best offerings, meaning no PC Cillin, no Norton.

NOD32 is great but expensive, currently i am running Avira AntiVir free of charge, i have disabled the splash screen and denied myself access to the .exe that causes the advert to pop up every now and again, and with these tweaks i think it is just as good as NOD32, if not better cos its free! :)

If you asked me Norton being in the top 10 is just ridiculous. In the 10 worst ten would be most likely.

Symantic is a horrible company with a great marketing department. Apart from ghost they haven't made a good product since the windows 95 days. Even that has not really been updated in many years, at this point Acronis would be a better way to go. They have bought out plenty of companies that did make good software and run them into the ground. Powerquest and @Stake to name a couple.

I do some side consulting for a small graphics company who unfortunately bought Symantec antivirus and exchange protection before I could advise them otherwise. I've had to bill them for many 'emergency' hours just in the last year just for Symantec licensing issues. Yes, they are legal but Symantec certainly doesn't treat them that way.