Any Good Free Web Host To Recon?

iceangel89

anyone knows of a good free web host in Singapore/Asia?? i need the following:

* PHP/MySQL

* FTP

* 5GB Bandwidth (i dont expect more than 1GB traffic actually)

* 100MB Space (For joomla, PHPBB & maybe some other stuff, PHP scripts i create etc)

* No File Type/Size Restrictions so i can upload things like Joomla/PHPBB with ease

just a student so i just intend to use it for practice, web design & programming

just a student so i just intend to use it for practice, web design & programming

You would do very well to just set up your own web server on your computer, lock down any access to it from outside IPs (i.e. not local IPs *), and do your practice, web design, and programming on it, especially since I'm pretty sure you won't find anything free like you describe.

That's what I did when I was playing around with those things.

*Hint: You access an internet service on your local computer by checking address 127.0.0.1.

You would do very well to just set up your own web server on your computer, lock down any access to it from outside IPs (i.e. not local IPs *), and do your practice, web design, and programming on it, especially since I'm pretty sure you won't find anything free like you describe.

That's what I did when I was playing around with those things.

*Hint: You access an internet service on your local computer by checking address 127.0.0.1.

but i also intend to like host it... like a blog or something

but i also intend to like host it... like a blog or something

Then you won't get by without paying out some money - I don't know many free web hosts, and of the ones I know they won't allow the kind of stuff you're wanting to do and will be ad-ridden and severely limited (even most of the file hosts are that way). I don't know too many people that would like you to have free rein to do anything on their servers, either, even if you do pay them. Basically put, you're asking for too much if you're wanting a free ride.

ok anyway, some one provided me the web hosting - the admin was so kind to give me a free account when his site does not provide 1. he said it be good to help a student, me. i dont even know him, not even in the same country, that was very kind of him. he said there will not be 24hr support for me but he sent me my account the same day i requested for it! and replied to emails within a day! i really appreciate that, i must say. its good enough for me, i got what i requested for 200MB space (i dont use much, no big pics/videos) 5GB Bandwidth, PHP MySQL(2DB) FTP no file type/size restrictions. good enough? for a personal blog and computer resource site. he also offered me to ask him when i need any more, but i know i shouldn't ask too much.

Under Construction: http://fusion-planet.updownloading.com/

ok anyway, some one provided me the web hosting - the admin was so kind to give me a free account when his site does not provide 1. he said it be good to help a student, me. i dont even know him, not even in the same country, that was very kind of him. he said there will not be 24hr support for me but he sent me my account the same day i requested for it! and replied to emails within a day! i really appreciate that, i must say. its good enough for me, i got what i requested for 200MB space (i dont use much, no big pics/videos) 5GB Bandwidth, PHP MySQL(2DB) FTP no file type/size restrictions. good enough? for a personal blog and computer resource site. he also offered me to ask him when i need any more, but i know i shouldn't ask too much.

Under Construction: http://fusion-planet.updownloading.com/

Daaaannnnnggggg! You got lucky! :blink: