possible to get a low price on xp? buy used?

rsb

Hi folks

I need 25 XP Pro licenses. Is it legal for me to buy used computers on ebay for 65usd and use that license on my computer?

Or do any know how low price its possible to get on 25 xp licenses. (oem)

Thanks

Hi folks

I need 25 XP Pro licenses. Is it legal for me to buy used computers on ebay for 65usd and use that license on my computer?

Or do any know how low price its possible to get on 25 xp licenses. (oem)

Thanks

No, OEM licenses are tied to the computer that they are origionally installed on and cannot be transferred to another computer.

I need 25 XP Pro licenses.

What was on those PCs at first ? If it's 9x, NT or 2k you can try to grab "upgrade" retail CDs from eBay, that would be legal. If it's XPHome, I don't know.

Hi, its 25 new computer without any os. Do you think its legal to buy 25 used cheap computers on ebay and just use the license on the 25 new computers I got? I will of course not use the old computer since then the license is on 2 computers.

Thanks

Again, depends on what the old ones had. If the old ones had retail or upgrade licenses, sure. If they were OEM, then the license stays with the computer.

What you need to look in to is volume licensing. With that many computers, you should be able to get some sort of deal from MS.

Again, depends on what the old ones had. If the old ones had retail or upgrade licenses, sure. If they were OEM, then the license stays with the computer.

What you need to look in to is volume licensing. With that many computers, you should be able to get some sort of deal from MS.

Hi again

But what if I put one thing from the old computer into the new computer? is the oem license legal to use on the new computer then?

Volume license does not sound like it would work because volume license for Windows is Upgrade only. If you are buying systems without a preloaded OS the most cost effective option is to purchase OEM licnesing. The license terms have changed on OEM in that you can now purchase OEM without hardware, but as soon as it is installed it is tied to the system it is installed on. The best option is retail packages because they do not include the OEM restrictions, however the cost is quite a bit higher.

If there is preloaded and licensed Windows 2000 or 98 you could do volume license upgrade which would be the fastest and easiest way to deploy.