Drive Letter Issue: XPx86 (C) and Vistax86 (D)

ChrisKuhli

Hello :hello:

I've installed Windows XP Media Center Edition on C: and Vista Ultimate x86 on D. Vize think the files on C:\Windows belong to Vista but that resides on D so it tries patch XP. Of course that fails fortunalety we can restore!

Either Vize should detect %SysDrive%, or there is a bit more interaction needed?

I hope for solution in next Beta,

Chris

Edited by ChrisKuhli

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem.

Recently I made a dual boot XP/Vista, with Vista in C: and XP in D: .

I installed Vize 1.0 and opened the patching window... It only shows files in the D: partition (D:\Windows, the XP one) and it doesn't care about the REAL Vista folder (C:\Windows).

Can this happen because the two Windows' folders have the same name?

I have a similar problem.

Recently I made a dual boot XP/Vista, with Vista in C: and XP in D: .

I installed Vize 1.0 and opened the patching window... It only shows files in the D: partition (D:\Windows, the XP one) and it doesn't care about the REAL Vista folder (C:\Windows).

Can this happen because the two Windows' folders have the same name?

Same here. I have my OS's on two physical hard drives (one for XP, one for Vista), so to workaround this issue I was able to power down the XP drive and reinstall Vize so it didn't detect XP.

If you have both OS's on the same drive I would suggest hiding the XP partition using PartitionMagic or something and reinstalling Vize for the meantime. I don't know when XPero will fix this.