Win XP x86 Post SP2 Hotfixes

hi all, having problems integrating some hotfixes for XP post SP2 x86.

Am using the manual /integrate method, as do not want to use any third party apps (eg. nLite).

high-priority:

kb923689

kb928365

kb936357

kb890830

optional:

root certificates update

kb902344

and .NET 1.1 shows up even if I use ryanvm's installer package in svcpack.inf, although .NET 2.0 seems to install fine, except one of the updates above is an update for that.

is there a list somewhere that explains which hotfixes cannot be integrated or installed using svcpack.inf?

do these have to be done trhough runonceex.cmd?

thanks in advance

I use HFSLIP myself, so I can't help you that much I'm afraid, but to give it a try... I assume that you don't install WMP11 via SVCPACK for example? As for Microsoft .NET Framework, I would suggest that you download RogueSpear's silent installers. You can add both version 1 and 2 via SVCPACK and add version 3 during RunOnceEx. Can't be of more service I'm afraid.

thanks, will look into it :thumbup

I choose not to install WMP11, nor IE7 can't stand either of them, stick with WMP10 and IE6.

also, don't install Outlook Express, but leave files there as that causes issues if you install Office Outlook from what I understand.

never had a call to install .NET 3.0 as yet, so will just make a not for future reference.

thanks again.

Used the batch file to make the .NET1.1 and .NET2.0 silent installers, seems to work ok.

Can't remember where I found it though, is somewhere on the forum I think, sorry.

Was unable to find the suggested installers, but as I said using the batch file to make them seems to work fine.

As I mentioned previously, am not installing WMP11, IE7, Outlook or .NET3.0 at the moment.

These are the last pesky updates I cannot seem to integrate using /integrate or svcpack.inf methods...

High-Priority:

KB890830

KB923689

Optional:

KB902344 - Cannot find this one to download.

As a slight asside, I keep getting a message box popping up during install (assume it is because of one of the hotfixes) saying about WMP10 installation and system restore being turned off. Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks again.