Vlite ... boot up time ... how long... ?

benifin

Just did a clean fully stripped Vlite 1.1 Beta2 with the Audio and Video driver loaded.

My machine is a Intel Q6600 O/C to 4 x 3.6gig with 2 gig of DDR900 running at 1:1 with a SATA III 7200 Drive [non-RAID]

My boot up time is as follows-

=> 0 second mark - Turn On PC

=> 22 second mark - Vista "green worm" / "progess bar" begins loading

=> 43 second mark - Vista GUI loaded and ready

How does " 43 " seconds stack up ? [ From memory, my XP install on the same system takes around 25 seconds ]

Ben

I believe that's ok. Vista even when all removed is still bigger than full XP, or something like that. And it has bigger cache which is loaded during startup.

With time as more removals are added that will get faster. Haven't seen how much mine needs but since I kept Superfetch it's probably longer because of bigger preloaded cache.

Also network checking/logging can prolongue things so maybe if you disable all your network cards it would be 5 seconds faster, just for the sake of testing, doesn't have to be the case.

25-30 secs, using vlite with sp1 beta and all x64 hotfixes integrated.

Wow ..... I had read that SP1 made Vista a lot snappier and responsive and much quicker to boot-up, but thats great. 25sec <-> 30sec is really quick.

Ben

Cool, I'm on a notebook so I've disabled all I reasonably can as well as having quick post enabled...

I'm interested in how long it takes for you computer to get to the 'vista caterpillar' from a powered off system?

Just did a clean fully stripped Vlite 1.1 Beta2 with the Audio and Video driver loaded.

My machine is a Intel Q6600 O/C to 4 x 3.6gig with 2 gig of DDR900 running at 1:1 with a SATA III 7200 Drive [non-RAID]

My boot up time is as follows-

=> 0 second mark - Turn On PC

=> 22 second mark - Vista "green worm" / "progess bar" begins loading

=> 43 second mark - Vista GUI loaded and ready

How does " 43 " seconds stack up ? [ From memory, my XP install on the same system takes around 25 seconds ]

Ben

try a 10,000 rpm hd or a solid state hd and get back with us. your time will be like 30 second with the 10,000 rpm and 20 seconds with the solid state