Blue screen with Intel INF's on all Dell models?

Anyone else have a fix for the blue screen that is easily duplicated by adding a line to your .sif file to try and install the Intel INF (chipset) drivers?

I unpacked (extracted) the drivers from the Intel download and created the following structure:

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\DellTest\Intel_INF

Line in answer file:

OEMPNPDriversPath = "Drivers\DellTest\Intel_INF"

DriverSigningPolicy = ignore

Txt Mode setup will work great but first restart invokes a blue screen (stop error 0x000000FC) every time on several different Dell models (Precision 690, Optiplex 745, Inspiron D810/820 laptops, etc.)

This is for a Windows XP Professional SP2 disc - seems to happen with volume license and Dell OEM copies of image. Also happens with RYANVM patched images.

Any ideas? I'd like to get these drivers installed without having to invoke the complete installer in cmdlines.txt!!!

THANKS!

I added this line to my OemPnpDriversPath

Drivers\DellModel\Chipset

Then I uncompressed the drivers into %OEM%$1\Drivers\DellModel\Chipset

I have no problems with this with my Dell PC's. Even easier I slipstreamed the drivers to all my dells to a XP CD Image using nLite and then made my RIS Image and the delpoy was even easier.

Wigadore,

Which version of the INF files are you using?? Here is what I'm using:

INF Update (Chipset)

8.3.0.1013 8/27/2007

Thanks.

I've tried this at multiple client locations and it seems to always happen. I read up on this a little and it seems to be a SP2 issue?

Any thoughts

scott6191,

I have just changed the way I do drivers. My OemPnpDriversPath was getting too long and some drivers where not loading. I now use nlite and slipstream the drivers into the OS CD and used that CD to make an image.

As for what version of chipset driver I use...it depends on the model. Each model does not have the same chipset so I cannot use the same driver. I have the drivers for each machine loaded into the image and it works without a hitch. Perhaps I am doing it wrong this way...but it works. Only issue I have is the sound driver. It's an exe and I have not quite figured out how to load them as the inf's do not work like the other drivers.

• 3 weeks later...