eset smart security or symantec endpoint protection v11

what the heck!!? why is this even an argument? in the past, symantec has been more of a virus than anythign else. i thought this was common knowledge!

for one thing it uses HUGE system resources. that is an ABSOLUTE FACT.

No, that is not a fact. You are mistaken older Norton products for home users with corporate Symantec products. Symantec Endpoint Protection is a corporate solution. ESET is fine for home use, not for use in a corporate environment.

But now that I have read the opening post again, it seems like the topic starter wants a home use solution, so why would the topic starter even bother looking at corporate solutions? :rolleyes:

ESET with no questions asked.symantec has shown over time that their products doesnt even worth looking at... its hasnt been only my experience!

Have you used both in a multi-country based company, consisting of 55.000 users in one of these countries alone? :whistle:;) The solutions which Symantec offers for corporate environments beats ESET every day in regards to configurability, management, scalability, et cetera.

actualy i have tried the symantec corporate edition before and i know how it works but i would love to know how the symantec corporate solution beat eset? what does the symantec has to offer that eset doesnt?

not to mention the last proactive test from av-comparatives which eset passed by finding 71% of the viruses with NO false detection.now correct me if im wrong that heuristic detection is very important in a corporate network.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2007_11.php

BTW have you compared the resources each product takes when they are active? you'll be shocked when you see the numbers.

• 6 months later...

I would love to know how many of you have deployed and managed both of these products in a corporate environment. Has anyone honestly used both? (Personally i have done one of the two so i will not comment on on Vs the other)

I would love to know how many of you have deployed and managed both of these products in a corporate environment. Has anyone honestly used both? (Personally i have done one of the two so i will not comment on on Vs the other)

As stated before, me. ;)