WinPe with Dell Optiplex 755

martinho

Hi,

I'm working for a company which just bought 20 optiplex 755. But when I try to load the boot.wim image, my network card (intel 82566DM-2) is not installed. I'm searching a solution for almost 1 week. I download many driver, intall them with peimg command, copy the files manually but have no luck.

If someone could help me I'll be very gratefull.

Thanks.

EDIT : I just found the solution. I include the vista driver and not Xp driver. You need e1e6032.inf.

Edited by martinho

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately I still haven't figured out how to update the boot.wim with the new Intel 82566DM-2 drivers. You are referring to a an inf file that I cannot find in the Dell or Intel drivers. The only inf files included in the package are e1e5132.inf and e1000325.inf, and neither of them worked after adding them with the peimg command. Could you please specify how you made it work?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm an id***... I keep forgetting WinPE 2 is a small version of Vista and NOT of XP... it will probably work like a charm once I have found the Vista drivers... ;)

Edited by valkenaer

I have the very same model of PC under my desk right now.

Sp1 version of PE2 has those drivers integrated already. I'm using build 6001-16659-070916-1443 of PE.

With the non sp version, you can always just peimg /inf=path_to_intel_driver path_to_pe

• 7 months later...