vLite 1.1 beta 2 - Purple pill

nuhi

Integration failed for (almost) all hotfixes. A lot of errormessages during integeration all refering to ...\hptemp??\DrUpdate.dll or ...\hptemp??\XmlLite.dll. Will test again as the vLite suggested, however earliest opportunity will be after the weekend. Just wanted to make note of it.

This happened to me twice now. I don't understand what I did differently. After the first time, I rebooted like vlite suggested and it still did it. I even cleaned out all my temp files first. I even tried to integrate less hotfixes.

hotfix integration works fine for me, but it took hours (3 hours) to integrate 97 hotifxes when it normally takes much much less than that (20-30mins) and nothing else was open.

antivirus/windows defender real-time scanning?

ok i do not know if this has been asked before but everytime i do a new vlite with a new version of vlite & i remove internet explorer it still shows up in windows update

with the following update Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista (KB939653)

anyway to remove this update from showing & yes i used vlite 1.1 beta 2 & it shows up

keyboardun4.jpg

I chose estonian keyboard layout in settings, but estonian keyboard wasn't even appearing under Regional and Language Options after installing Vista :| Same problem did appear with previous build also, had to install it manually later. With vLite versions before previous build I always had both, estonian and US keyboard installed, so I don't think it's my settings fault? Cause I always used same settings.

With the earlier settings posted I still get the errormessages. First around 4 times the 1st error, then about 18 times quickly in a row the 2nd error. Rough translation:

Pkgmgr.exe -  Invalid installation copy
<file> is not a windows file or contains an error. Try to install the program again...

d0p3y2k4, if you kept MS HTML Engine, as recommended, then it's normal.

Trinidad, ok will check.

Alex, you're welcome.

Jeronimo, ok then the non-English version must have confused it, gonna correct that if I manage to provoke it, thx.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, thanks to nuhi for this program. It's a dream to use. I just completed my first install with it and I LOVE it. Vista now runs better than XP ever did, even with all the graphical fluff turned on.

Thanks so much! My computer thanks you too! ;)