vLite 1.1 beta 2 - Purple pill

nuhi

You are talking about some links and empty folders, right? I do agree that it would be nice to remove but the sample files themselves are removable already.

Folders ?? errr not realy ever saw an empty folder 143mb big?

sp00f, this is the last time I'm repeating this: it is removable, try to remove Windows Media Samples from the Multimedia section.

krash56, it's when they are double. Meaning it can already contain same hotfix but different version in the queue or in the bottom already integrated. It's just a warning if you inserted 2 of the same hotfixes to check for yourself, or you loaded same preset and all of them are already in.

krash56, it's when they are double. Meaning it can already contain same hotfix but different version in the queue or in the bottom already integrated. It's just a warning if you inserted 2 of the same hotfixes to check for yourself, or you loaded same preset and all of them are already in.

Can you please add a button or something which will remove the yellow ones from the list? I integrate 350+ hotfixes and takes ages to remove them all manually as 10-15 were not yellow.

Edited by legolash2o

Integration failed for (almost) all hotfixes. A lot of errormessages during integeration all refering to ...\hptemp??\DrUpdate.dll or ...\hptemp??\XmlLite.dll. Will test again as the vLite suggested, however earliest opportunity will be after the weekend. Just wanted to make note of it.

Hi nuhi

Just a few quick thoughts / suggestions for the next version - I dont know if these are possible, so my apologies up front if they are unworkable:-

- AutoRun - disable all AutoRun

- Swap File - so it can be set to a multiple of the total RAM installed ie:- 1x RAM Total or 1.5x RAM Total or 2x RAM Total

- GUI fancy Video / Graphics stuff - turn it all off ie: I think its called adjust for "Best Performance" in the "System" icon

- Start Menu - set to Classic

- Start Menu - set "MenuShowDelay" in Registry to 1 [its 400 by default]

Laslty, and I think this may be a biggie / maybe not possible.

- with Vista, you cant access a lot of the Directories in Explorer without first going in and altering the Security settings for each folder - its a real pain, very time consuming and there are lots of directories that need the Security "cover" removed so you can access them.

Is there are "global" setting in Vista that sets this ? that could perhaps be set to "off" ?

Thanks again, all the best,

Ben

sp00f, this is the last time I'm repeating this: it is removable, try to remove Windows Media Samples from the Multimedia section.

It doesnt remove everything, after vlite those items still exist at my end.

And even after that there is plenty more to remove, like the support videos from media center.

I use a Dutch Vista Ultimate , maybe that has something to do with it, i dont know.

Edited by sp00f

It doesnt remove everything, after vlite those items still exist at my end.

And even after that there is plenty more to remove, like the support videos from media center.

I use a Dutch Vista Ultimate , maybe that has something to do with it, i dont know.

i think this is easy for nuhi to realize ,usually i remove these videos with imagex

Jeronimo, try freshly after rebooting.

krash56, it highlights both because it can be already integrated in the lower list.

Just remove any yellow one by one, it will clear the mark from the double automatically.

benifin, k, I'll put that one the list for consideration.

sp00f, Media Center video is removed with Media Center. It is in todo to separate those two. Maybe that's what you've been seeing.

no, SP1 can't be integrated!

Not directly yea. Indirectly (Reverse Integration), of course it can and can be used with vLite but it's not exactly a quick method and the best option will always be to get the slipped image from MS. I wonder why MS don't want to support SP1 integration via pkgmgr. I know they say it'll apparently corrupt the image but surely they could've worked on it and figured out a way.

Edited by Arneh